• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT Hints

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshAZ

What's up all? I'm gathering my package for OCS and just need to finish the PRT. I'm fine on the running just need some work on situps and push-ups. Any hints for getting the most out of the PRT, or any training tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

marti

If you look around on this forum you will find all kinds of advice for the PRT. Everyone on this forum will no doubt have some bit of advice for how to get ready for and/or improve your PRT. The best advice I can give you is to start doing push-ups and sit-ups. There really is no other type of training that will help you out with these two exercises other than by just doing them. Personally, I started doing about a one to two hundred sit-ups and one hundred push ups a night before I went to sleep. This is not including the times during the day that I would just drop myself and begin to push a few out. I guess what I am trying to say is just keep doing the exercises as much as you can. You will be amazed at what three weeks of this will do. Now I am at the point where every night I do two minute timed push-ups and sit-ups and when I'm done I do as many as I can until muscle failure. Hey, it works for me.

Dave Shutter

That's the best plan. I basically did that in OCS and went from barely passing to class-up, to maxing out sit-ups and coming two short of maxing push-ups by week 8. Skip the fancy ab-chest machines at the gym and just push e'm out every day.

Gresh

Ladies and Gents,
Here is some great information concerning the SEAL training and associated pre-training preparation. http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/workoutswcc.htm
This site offers a 9 week program to get you in shape for the SEAL program. If you are ready for the SEAL program, then you are ready for OCS, true, true.
-Gresh

LosMike

Hey,

Just wondering, for the PRT, what is on the current test, sit ups, pull ups, etc. And What are the minimums for each. I tried to find out at BUMPERS, but couldn't find it.

Thanks

spidrwmn

Josh - Where did you go to school? I grew up in Scottsdale, but I'm currently in Tempe (going to school at ASU). Who is your recruiter?

- spider

Ski3

Went to school in Prescott, and since there was nothing up there, Tempe was the obvious choice - great party place.

ghost_ttu

Any advice on what I need to do to warm up for prt on Sat. morning 9am? Should I be running a lot between now and then? or maybe jog 3 miles or so Wed. and Thur. and rest Friday and then go do it Sat? Just curious what the consensus is.

dewahl

Dude, if you waited till now to prepare just stretch good and go for broke. If ya start doin anything else you could get sore and hinder any progress.

Dave

Hartman

Stand in front of the mirror on Saturday morning and say..."are you talkin' to me???.....ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME????"

If the PRT is Sat. morning, I wouldn't do anything more than a brisk walk in the mean time. Make sure you get good and stretched between now and then. I did my PRT cold turkey like you and I made a point of hydrating myself the night before. It seemed to help. Also, don't drink anything one hour prior to your PRT because you're going to be susceptible to cramps.

Good luck! Oh yeah, and buy the soundrack to 'Rocky' and get that song in your head.

ghost_ttu

Well he kind of popped the PRT on me at the last minute, I was thinking that I wouldn't redo this thing till around Nov. Well Nov. turned into this Sat. but I'm in pretty good shape, I think you are right on taking it cold turkey though, I'll be in the mood to run and good to go. pushups and situps I'm good on though....I will report back on this matter.....

Goliath112

the "song" in rocky is Eye of the Tiger, by Survivor. and you call yourself a man!!!

have I got a long way to run...

psrogers

Intel Officer
Wow, I started that Seal PT program, am currently only in week three, but it is really great. Even a couple of weeks of running and pushups and stuff really are making me improve rapidly. I think its gonna make a huge difference for me when I do my PRT in like three weeks.

Thanks Gresh

Status
Not open for further replies.