• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT Frustration

Nikki2184

So, I've finally been pro-rec'ed for Intel after 3 years of trying, and my recruiter says I have 30 days to get a good-low in every category on the PRT in order to get officially recommended and get an OCS date.

But, when I looked on the OCS web-site for Rhode Island, it states you must only meet the Sat-medium to qualify to begin OCS.

So, I'm confused. Any one have any ideas or know the regs as far as a qualifying PRT score pre-OCS?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Sounds like your recruiter is trying to set you up for success. Work hard, get to a good-low - then you won't have to worry about it. Best of luck.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
You are required to get a good-low to get an OCS date. I was told sat-med is probationary at OCS, but I don't know if that is that is true.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can't shoot for the mins to get into OCS. This needs to be your highest priority if you want to get a date.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
So, I've finally been pro-rec'ed for Intel after 3 years of trying, and my recruiter says I have 30 days to get a good-low in every category on the PRT in order to get officially recommended and get an OCS date.

But, when I looked on the OCS web-site for Rhode Island, it states you must only meet the Sat-medium to qualify to begin OCS.

So, I'm confused. Any one have any ideas or know the regs as far as a qualifying PRT score pre-OCS?
Why weren't you working out during the 3 years of trying to get an OCS date? Good-low is not particularly difficult. If you are in any sort of reasonable shape, you should be able to run 1.5 miles in under 12 min, do 50 pushups and 60 situps in 2 min, and touch your toes.

bb1125

None
The sat-med is required for your in-prt. Your recruiter is not bs-ing you. You need the good-low to get there, because trust me, your scores will drop on the in-prt.

Goob83

None
gool Low for OCS; SAT MED for ODS
your recruiter is correct