• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prt final score??

itjoew

Need to know how the PRT final scores should be calculated. Is it the sum of the points in each event or the average of the points in each event?? Final thing I need to submit my package.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
OPNAVINST 6110.1H

From Enclosure 7, page 11, paragraph 10:
Overall score is category-level performance corresponding to the average of points accumulated on PRT events. Members must pass all three PRT events to receive an overall score.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Random question related to PRT scores: I heard a JOPA rumor that PRT scores are now going to be included in our FITREPS and actually play a more significant role as of the next cycle. Any truth in that? Are we really moving away from pass/fail nature of the PRT?

squorch2

pilot
If you're talking about Navy-wide, then I'd wait until I saw a NAVADMIN. Nothing prevents the reporting senior from saying "it takes an Outstanding to make 5.0 in Military Bearing," however. (Yes, I know that the PRT instruction says "scores of excellent or outstanding are not required for a 5.0 in Military Bearing." That doesn't prevent the reporting senior from grading that way.)

squorch2

pilot
Alos, the PRT is not pass/fail - that's only how the block on your FITREP is written. There's a reason that the scores are broken out more than just "pass" or "fail."