• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT during the application process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satin_patriot

COuld someone please explain to me where in the OCS app process the PRT appears?

I've received 3 sets of info on this. 1) You don't do PRT until after the review board has selected you. 2) you have to do your PRT and qualify before your app goes to the review boards. 3) you don't do your PRT until you've been through the entire process and have your OCS date.

Does anyone know what the correct version is?

Thanx.

RobNLa

Satin,

USUALLY you get your application, LOR, and transcripts together and send them. Then, if professionally recommended from these you do the PRT and the physical in order to make final selection. It can vary in order though. Sometimes a recruiter will want you to go ahead with the physical and PRT before pro rec'd just to expedite selection process. Hope this helps.

Rob

bart27

I second Rob's input. I think it just depends on the recruiter. I did my PRT after being pro rec, but I know other recruiters were doing it differently then mine.

satin_patriot

Thanks for the quick responses. here's something fun. my OPO just retired! so looks like i'll be getting a new one, I'm just not sure who.

Daedalus

So does this mean that the PRT is not part of your application, and does not help your acceptance, it seams to me that if it was required only after you are pro rec than you have no incentive (in terms of the ap) to do any better than a satisfactory rating? I was thinking all this time that I could use high PRT to help a package with a low GPA.

satin_patriot

You can always be delayed though based on your prt right?
For instance, you get pro rec'd then do your prt and it's not great, but probationary, don't they delay your date?

i could be wrong, but that was my understanding. the sooner the better as far as i'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.