• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRT Day

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Whats the chip trail at API?! Also, anyone know the longest distances you run at OCS? I've been having some arch pain that Ive ignored because I thought it would just go away. I can handle it ... but I'm guessing OCS is relentless on running, you run and run some more, and then some more, and more....

Stoopid 0.5 mile track for API PRT that is on woodchips/sand. Take yer best time, add 1.5 minutes, that's what you will run in API chiptrail...

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I've been having some arch pain that Ive ignored because I thought it would just go away.

juliet, have you been "fitted" for running shoes? arch pain is bad... you might not make it through daily running if you don't get that taken care of.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Spending the extra $$$ at the running store getting fitted shoes is worth it, both for my back (which typically gives out when running w/bad shoes) and my PRT time.

Yeah I was fitted for running shoes. Although she only looked at the way I walked, not ran. She thought a pair of Asics was the best but they haven't made a difference. I really didnt think the arch pain was anything until I read some posts on here.

I'm going to try stretching more, and only run a couple times a week. I checked out a new Ymca and they've got this cool program called Espresso. I can bike in front of a flatscreen and choose my own courses like the Redwood, the Oceanside, Racetrack etc. Its pretty fun. Although substituting biking/elliptical for running really feels like I'm not getting as good of a workout...

Other ideas to try?

SLB

None
Try swimming. One of the best workouts you can do. Unfortunately you can't do it everywhere, but it is a great workout. In order for me to get an outstanding on the PFA I typically swim 3 times the distance as on the test, which is pretty close to a mile. I also bought a waterproof container for my IPOD and waterproof headphones which helps with the monotony of swimming laps in a pool.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Yeah I was fitted for running shoes. Although she only looked at the way I walked, not ran. She thought a pair of Asics was the best but they haven't made a difference. I really didnt think the arch pain was anything until I read some posts on here.

I'm going to try stretching more, and only run a couple times a week. I checked out a new Ymca and they've got this cool program called Espresso. I can bike in front of a flatscreen and choose my own courses like the Redwood, the Oceanside, Racetrack etc. Its pretty fun. Although substituting biking/elliptical for running really feels like I'm not getting as good of a workout...

Other ideas to try?

go idea to gently ease back into running. it sounds like ppl have to do a ton of running at OCS, so its good for you to slowly build back up to it.

maybe you also need custom orthotics?