• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prowler Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity

If they decide to go ahead with the F/A 18G project how long do you think it would take.

Also I was wondering if you put on dream sheet that you want Jets, would Prowler fall under that catagorey..or would you put Prolwer on you dream sheet.

Im just a n00b, but its always good to ask questions.

Jack

Velocity, when you mention dream sheet, I presume that you are writing of the selection process out of Primary, when you select jets, helos, or props.?. If you select jets you continue on in the pipeline on your way to wings. When you finish jet school you have the choice between Charlie model hornets, super hornets, tomcats, prowlers, and S-3s. Keep in mind that the S-3 and tomcats slots are becoming fewer and farther between as they are drawn down and phased out.

As far as the Prowler replacement goes, don't hold your breath. They are talking 2008 as start date for replacements. Supposedly 2015ish for the transtion to be completed. We'll see.

Naval Aviator, Prowlers.

Dave Shutter

That Gillchirst article on the E/F vs. F-14D topic made a good point about the E/F as a do-all plane. As an EW platform to have the range the Prowler did would require buku external tanks, leaving a lot less room for pods and HARMS, hmmm?

Velocity

quote:
Keep in mind that the S-3 and tomcats slots are becoming fewer and farther between as they are drawn down and phased out.

I dont mind that the S-3 is leaving...though teh Tomcat is a different story. I still have a long way to go...

Jack

You might mind that the Hoover is going away once you think about the prospect of tanking off a super bug. Just the thought of a charlie or a super having enough gas to GIVE AWAY is enought to make you scratch your head.

Naval Aviator, Prowlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.