• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prowler RAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FYI for all you jet guys:

The Prowler RAG (VAQ-129) is done with their pilot quota for the rest of the fiscal year, so they won't be making any more Prowler pilots for the next 4-5 months. I don't know how much slack there is in the pipeline, but that might affect how many guys select the Prowler out of the TRACOMs.

Good times,

Brett

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Is that Marine or Navy or both? Curious because I should (knock on wood) be winging 3rd of June.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, consider the source. It's Brett. Maybe you know his background, maybe you don't. I'd say it's good gouge and you can take it to the bank.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Yeah, I've got an idea who Brett is. But sometimes you never know. This is a HUGE deal too, so it's important to me (and many of my peers) to ensure this is good gouge before I pass it to my classmates!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jboomer said:
Also, how good/solid is this info?
Just Navy side and it comes right from 129 Ops. Of course, this will not affect ECMOs.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jboomer said:
Sure, I'll be that guy. :icon_roll
Fine. Live by the gouge, die by the gouge then. It's not like the guy is gonna put a hit out on you for calling.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
This info only affects you if you were selecting in June, 2004. Anybody selecting now would be a FY05 pilot. Don't know about the quota for 2005.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dawgfan said:
This info only affects you if you were selecting in June, 2004. Anybody selecting now would be a FY05 pilot. Don't know about the quota for 2005.
I am talking about FY05.

Brett

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Brett, don't navy and marine guys go throught he same RAG? I am interested in this as I should be winging/selecting at the end of the summer. So you only know about the navy side?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
brd2881 said:
Brett, don't navy and marine guys go throught he same RAG? I am interested in this as I should be winging/selecting at the end of the summer. So you only know about the navy side?
Same RAG, different quotas and pots of money. The Marine pilots are still pumping through. By the end of summer it will be OBE, so I wouldn't sweat it. I'm not claiming to have any knowledge about whether or not this will affect anyone's selection, but it will likely effect down time for Navy pilots getting to Whidbey in the short term.

Brett

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Brett327 said:
FYI for all you jet guys:

The Prowler RAG (VAQ-129) is done with their pilot quota for the rest of the fiscal year, so they won't be making any more Prowler pilots for the next 4-5 months. I don't know how much slack there is in the pipeline, but that might affect how many guys select the Prowler out of the TRACOMs.

Good times,

Brett

Damn, CQ qual rate must be up. Are they trying to get the Cat I's more than 50 hours when they cross the ramp? :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SteveG75 said:
Damn, CQ qual rate must be up. Are they trying to get the Cat I's more than 50 hours when they cross the ramp? :D
Yeah, right! ;)

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.