• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pros and Cons of each pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

That movie had some cool flying and that was about it. I still wanna know how that NFO planned to go fly for the Majors. Did I miss something on that one? Would they hire an NFO as FO? I'm pretty sure you need to be a pilot with lots of hours still. Maybe I'm just not letting it be a movie.....but just a thought.

ProwlerPilot

pilot
They made a movie about an NFO because the poor pilot probably died! Always last out of the plane in a bad situation we are. There's a whopping 1.2 seconds in the Prowler for us to have a snack, watch everyone else leave, call home, and then get ready to eject!!

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Ghost,

Yeah, you get 2 shots at the boat, so scare the crap out of the airboss and everyone on the ship the first time, come back and do well the second time, and there you have your 18! Ah, life is so nice sometime.

Oh and for anyone in Advanced, don't think that doing well in ACM will save you from your stick skills at the boat.

jmantel02

What does the future hold for helo pilots?

Now that chasing Soviet Subs is less and less a part of their lives how will their skills and platform fit into the future Navy and the war on terrorism?

aviatormo

In my humble opinion it is only a matter of time before we are off chasing Soviets Subs again. More than likely there will be a Soviet in command, but seeing as how they are selling so many of their formidable weapons I wouldnt be surprised if their were a Chinese, North Korean, or Middle Eastern Captain at the controls of a nuclear Soviet Sub.

Moses Smith

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Despite there being less immediate sub threats, there's still a lot of ASW work done prior to deployment. No one wants to give that up...probably because we still have so much equipment on board. The problem now is that it's harder and harder to find the damn things.

Status
Not open for further replies.