• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pros and Cons of each pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet driver

From reading the messages on this forum it is clear to see that typically every pilot no matter what they fly loves their job and thinks their platform is the greatest. As my username implies I hope to oneday fly the f-18, and if not that then a carrier based fixed wing jet. However my main goal is to get my wings and as one 60-driver told me they all shine the same, so no matter what I fly I am sure I will be happy. Having said that I was wondering if some of you guys could HONESTLY give me some of the pros and cons of each platform. What are you flying and would you change any thing about it. Keep in mind that I am married with no children YET!!

Moses Smith

Jack

Ditto. Just make sure you bolter and scare your LSO a few times at the boat if you want Hornets. DOH! [V]

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Actually, if you can suck it up and think you can get it the next time around, DQ at the boat!!! They'll say, "Holy Crap, this guy can't fly at the boat worth squat!!" SEND HIM 18's!!"

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Go P3s!!! Finish a mission and land in interesting locales, a built in crew to hit the beach with and have beer, while your fellow avaitors that went jets are stuck back on the boat, not to mention that extra deposit into your bank account each month! Don't forget, you get to rotate out of the seat and go sleep in the rack at the back of the plane, no g-suits to worry about or piss packs. Plus, we carry weapons. Get to have our cake and eat it too!
icon_smile.gif

Jack

Nobody ever made a movie about a P-3 pilot.

I get annoyed flying with one other person, I can't imagine taking an entire softball team with me.
icon_smile.gif

I do envy the large number and variety of weps you guys can/do carry.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, we made it to a special "JAG" episode! [:p]

Ok, they can make a movie about an F18 "NFO" though, guess the pilot wasn't worthy enough...

Just imagine a repo, it is like the family outing in the station wagon, there are bags everywhere, shit just comes out of the woodwork, and you just have to wonder where these guys managed to stash all this shit on deployment. We even put a luggage rack in the bomb bay....

Status
Not open for further replies.