• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Proposed 2006 paychart

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Ahhh, yeah, that would be nice! Does it normally go up, and if so, by about how much? Same percentage as salary?

I have "heard" that they are doing an across the board 3% increase, but there are obviously certain areas, especially the coasts, that bah is not comparable to out in town housing cost....we shall see!! cross your fingers!:)

twidget

Deskaholic
I have "heard" that they are doing an across the board 3% increase, but there are obviously certain areas, especially the coasts, that bah is not comparable to out in town housing cost....we shall see!! cross your fingers!:)

From the DOD Perdiem Committee website (sets BAH levels):

Q9: Will I see big changes in housing allowances on January 1?

Typically changes in housing allowances are modest. Allowances reflect the costs associated with household rental. Generally, rental prices increase between 2%-5% from year to year, with "hot" markets increasing 5%-10%. Housing allowances typically increase accordingly.

BAH rates are researched and adjusted annually. The new rates typically come out in December. 6-7 years ago Congress included a provision to eliminate the standard 15% out-of-pocket expense used in the calculation of BAH. This was phased in over a 5 year period. As it standands now, the rate is supposed to cover 100% of the average housing cost (for a rental, based on your paygrade and dependant status), and will continue to track with the rise in rental prices for a given location.

The Perdiem Committee's website has much more info on the subject. The FAQ section is particularly helpful.