• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

proper dress to meet a recruiter?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
man, i showed up with long hair, a goatee, a Pink Floyd t-shirt (greatest band, ever), shorts and beat to death running shoes. of course that was a different time. When i joined all you had to have was a pulse and a greater than 2.5 gpa in ANYTHING.

But don’t follow my example - dress up. Now that i've been in a few years i do appreciate it when civies dress up to come to a military meeting. I've seen more than a few civie contractors show up looking like slobs and it pisses me off.... of course i'm usually wearing a flight suit stained with various fluids (all from the plane, you sick-o's!)...

I would NEVER show up for any kind of job interview in anything less than a good suit with polished shoes, well groomed fingernails, and well kept hair. Facial hair doesn’t bother me, as long as it’s well groomed, but I’d be wary of having a beard or goatee for most jobs, anything doing with computers would be the exception. When I hit A4s up for a job in a few years, I will even wear a power-tie.

If you don’t yet have a good suit, at least nice pants, button up shirt, tie and polished shoes.

brickwall

K/1 2004, ?/? 2006
jboomer said:
I'm sure I wasn't dressed much better. In fact, I don't think I ever called him on the phone either. If he hadn't have been so persistent, I wouldn't be where I am today!

Looking back, I would have done things MUCH different.

If not the same boat, I'm at least in the same battle group as you boomer. I had been trying to get into the academy my freshman year, and when that didn't work, I didn't know what I was going to do, until one weekend in March, when I saw the display for PLC in the chow hall at my college. Well, we talked, it sounded good to me, and the Gunnery Sergeant who was there basically bent over backwards to get me in. He convinced a brand-new to the OSO 1Lt to get me enrolled in juniors that summer, despite my less-than-stellar inventory PFT. I'm headed back to seniors this summer thanks to him.

Yeah, I know I can't really talk much, since I haven't even completed OCS yet, but your story just made me remember that, and I thought I would shar it.