• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prop Select?

VAmookie

Does anyone know anything about how often marines are selecting C-130's out of primary. Everyone it seems wants jets, and the die-hard ground wannabe types want helo's, but how many prop slots are offered. Is it fairly competitive?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Its a very low number, about 8 a year or so. I have been going through primary for about 5 months now, I have heard of 3 selecting C-130's. Needless to say, very competitive and having the luck to select one of those weeks when a slot is available.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Its a very low number, about 8 a year or so.

This seems a bit low. Two slots went this week and I know of 4 guys in the past few months who've selected.

No hard evidence or knowledge and I agree its limited...

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I thought it was something like 30 slots a year. Much harder to get than jets, actually.

jDUB

I just selected c-130s on the 28th with one other Marine. VT-2 student control showed me the selections for the last month and there have been 8, 2 every week.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Its a very low number, about 8 PER SQUADRON a year or so.
I made a little mistake a while back and haven't made it back to this thread since ... this might make a little more sense ^^^:icon_what

kmc9280

30-32 per year Marine Corps wide is what is usually distributed by the fixed wing monitor. There will be dry spells as well as times when you have 8 selections in one month.

kmc9280

Everyone goes C-130's as a first tour. C-12's are an option as a B-billet. Our squadron had one guy go C-12's in Beaufort just last spring.