• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Initiatives Abroad

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was reading through a SWO community brief, and came across this section. It's pretty vague, but it sounds like you can learn/teach in other countries. I could be completely wrong, but was wondering if anyone could provide some insight into this and how common this is.

It's page 11 of this link for reference:

Yes, you can be assigned to work with a foreign military.

For the PPT, I would not worry about it as a whole as things can change. You will be getting countless swo briefs and that’s the time to ask the specifics.

I’d recommend focusing on the ASTB/application or preparing for OCS first and foremost.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More likely as a JO would be something like the Olmsted program. PEPs are getting scaled back and most embassy gigs or overseas staff positions go to the O4 and above crowd.

snake020

Contributor
Timing, luck, negotiation is how I got to Australia. I was actually trying to get orders to California, but it worked out better.

jleo_96

Timing, luck, negotiation is how I got to Australia. I was actually trying to get orders to California, but it worked out better.
Wow, that's pretty cool. I noticed that Portsmouth, England was one of the options that was mentioned, and I loved that place when I visited a couple years ago. Out of curiosity, what's your designator?

snake020

Contributor
Wow, that's pretty cool. I noticed that Portsmouth, England was one of the options that was mentioned, and I loved that place when I visited a couple years ago. Out of curiosity, what's your designator?

I was 3100 at the time but am now 1825.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
PEPs are getting scaled back...

Is this a pointy-nose thing or overall? On the rotary side, they're still very much a thing, but they've become more FMS fills, given how successful Lockheed has been lately with the Romeo.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this a pointy-nose thing or overall? On the rotary side, they're still very much a thing, but they've become more FMS fills, given how successful Lockheed has been lately with the Romeo.
Maybe just pointy nose? Of the 20 odd officers going through DLI with me, half were SWOs heading to exchange tours in Germany (either on Frigates or as instructors at their Naval Academy). It’s admittedly a small sample size, but all the billets seemed like they were consistently filled.