• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Problem with NASIS background check

Wrightmolly

problems

I'm having similar problems except that on the relatives page, I filled out my mothers stuff, born in the US and all that and then when I try to save it, it says I didn't fill out her country of Citizenship, mind you there is no category for that, just Birth Country...what do I do? :icon_rage

iroessle

awolfinwater et al,

Was PROREC'ed in March for a Reserve Commission and they submitted my SF86 via NASIS 6 weeks ago. I already had a clearance up to the level required but they said they needed to start a new investigation anyways; waste a money if you ask me. That asside, I was wondering if you or anyone could share how long they waited before their clearance investigations were opened and their paperwork could be sent up for scrolling by SECNAV/SECDEF?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
...I was wondering if you or anyone could share how long they waited before their clearance investigations were opened and their paperwork could be sent up for scrolling by SECNAV/SECDEF?

I believe your scrolling paperwork is sent up at about the same time your investigation is opened/started.

Remember that form you signed, "Statement of Understanding for Security Investigation"? That is, your "...appointment as a commissioned officer is being accomplished prior to the completion of a required security investigation..."

Did I understand your question correctly?

aheller

Problem with NASIS address history

I've completed the NASIS application with the exception of the Address History under the Personal History section. The problem seems to be adding a European address under the category of reference address. I've studied abroad twice in college and cannot seem to get it to accept these addresses under address history. It finds the city and country for me and tells me I don't need to put in a state or zip code since it is a European address but when I hit "save record" it says incomplete reference information but will not allow me to put my reference's zip code and state (or the European equivalents).

tuke09

Its been a while since I filled the NASIS out but here is what I would recommend. First, Call your processor and see if he has any insight. Secondly, I remember for some of my work references NASIS was not able to find in its database a few locations and Company information, and I had to input them into the system manually. Once entered into NASIS I was able to input info and save it, unfortunately I don't remember the process or I would walk you through it, and I am locked out of the system now so I can't refresh my memory. Thirdly, you may be able to enter a generic value for those fields such as XXXXX and XX and then note the explaination in the remarks section. In any of these cases I would talk to your processor first.

jlil41

Under which part of the financial part would be the proper place to put info about student loans being that I grad in May. None of the spots seem to be in the right context to put it there?

Shortiekay81

problems

I'm having similar problems except that on the relatives page, I filled out my mothers stuff, born in the US and all that and then when I try to save it, it says I didn't fill out her country of Citizenship, mind you there is no category for that, just Birth Country...what do I do? :icon_rage
I was doing my clearance when I got an error message and I could not advance and when I reached out to my recruiter he sated that he had never gone thru issue I don't know what else to do