• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO REC Y SWO 09DEC

banjosquirrel

My recruiter called today and said I'm scheduled for August 21! Much further away than I expected, but I'm thrilled to have a date nonetheless. She also said that candidate with dates that far off end up getting assigned to a class sooner than their expected date due to summer candidates dropping out or becoming ineligible.

Anchors_Away

My recruiter called today and said I'm scheduled for August 21! Much further away than I expected, but I'm thrilled to have a date nonetheless. She also said that candidate with dates that far off end up getting assigned to a class sooner than their expected date due to summer candidates dropping out or becoming ineligible.

Wow what a long wait! What date did you list as when you are available?? Such a wait has me worried...

banjosquirrel

Gah. August 21 isn't even on the FY16 class list. Doesn't bode well for me, I was available March 1st 2015.
Hmm then maybe you'll get a June date. What's silly is that last week my recruiter said she was 99% sure I'd have a March date, April at the latest. She also told me because of fiscal year quotas or something or other I HAD to commission by September. But as we all know here, nothing is certain until you have the actual orders in front of you. I wasn't thrilled to get the August date but I can't say I was terribly surprised, and I'm just happy to have a date. It's real!

Anchors_Away

Hmm then maybe you'll get a June date. What's silly is that last week my recruiter said she was 99% sure I'd have a March date, April at the latest. She also told me because of fiscal year quotas or something or other I HAD to commission by September. But as we all know here, nothing is certain until you have the actual orders in front of you. I wasn't thrilled to get the August date but I can't say I was terribly surprised, and I'm just happy to have a date. It's real!
Gotcha. What I just heard from you is far more than my recruiter has told me. In any case, congrats on the good word, perhaps they'll bump you up!

The Navy will provide you an allotted time frame to pack, move, and find a place to live at your next duty station. Depending on where you are moving you could have up to 2 weeks before reporting to your first duty station. The Navy doesn't punish you by making you use your leave dates while moving.

True, but depending on your posting a couple weeks is not a lot of time, and I was told until you report with orders to your station you are charged leave.

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
True, but depending on your posting a couple weeks is not a lot of time, and I was told until you report with orders to your station you are charged leave.
A couple weeks should be plenty of time even if youre driving across country. If you do drive across country the navy will give you a allotted amount of time to drive. That time is based off not driving more than 600 miles a day. Whoever told you the navy charges you leave till you report gave you wrong information.

A couple weeks should be plenty of time even if youre driving across country. If you do drive across country the navy will give you a allotted amount of time to drive. That time is based off not driving more than 600 miles a day. Whoever told you the navy charges you leave till you report gave you wrong information.

That would be my recruiter.