• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO REC Y SWO 09DEC

abc

Same for me as well. Working out and studying. I looked at the jo rules website that was recommended on a post here some where, (https://jorules.wordpress.com/recommended-reading/) and I read The Caine Mutiny and am now working my way through Six Frigates. I working as a substitute, so I don't have to give notice at all, just leave when I finally get the call.

banjosquirrel

Same here. Trying to cut weight, run a lot, and memorize the appendix b.

I signed up for a small group, "personal" training center since now is really crunch time and I want to make sure I'm in the best shape possible when I get there. I thought I'd been working out pretty well on my own, but went to the first session yesterday and can hardly walk today haha

Anchors_Away

Same story as most of you guys. Im just going to the gym regularly, got my general orders and code of conduct memorized, and am singing the songs in my car when i drive... Here's to getting word soon.

14FEB seems like its filling up and 06MAR seems to already be getting a few folks. Hurry up and wait!

Chelsea C.

Hey guys, was just reading through this thread and I wanted to tell you my own personal experience. I got Pro Rec Y for SWO in October of 2014 and my OCS date is March 6, 2016. I've been told this was an especially long wait, but just like you guys, I was expecting to leave within 3-4 months of getting the YES and instead it was almost a year and a half. I say this because I do NOT recommend informing your employer until you have a FINSEL. It could be a 3-4 month wait if you're lucky, but it could be over a year! We did all sorts of crazy stuff like eloping and getting my name changed... the hurry up and wait was for sure the worst part but good luck to all of you. Just enjoy the extra time with your family, with access to pizza and beer! Study appendix B, work out some, and keep bothering your recruiter at least once a month.

MR

Hey guys, was just reading through this thread and I wanted to tell you my own personal experience. I got Pro Rec Y for SWO in October of 2014 and my OCS date is March 6, 2016. I've been told this was an especially long wait, but just like you guys, I was expecting to leave within 3-4 months of getting the YES and instead it was almost a year and a half. I say this because I do NOT recommend informing your employer until you have a FINSEL. It could be a 3-4 month wait if you're lucky, but it could be over a year! We did all sorts of crazy stuff like eloping and getting my name changed... the hurry up and wait was for sure the worst part but good luck to all of you. Just enjoy the extra time with your family, with access to pizza and beer! Study appendix B, work out some, and keep bothering your recruiter at least once a month.

Chelsea,
Any particular reason your FINSEL took so long?

banjosquirrel

Wow! That wait is INSANE! Thanks for the advice, though, and congrats on finally getting an OCS date.

Just put your cat in the storage lol. My employer knows I'll be leaving within the next 3-5 months. I plan on staying there until probly a week or so before I'm suppose to be at OCS.

My strong recommendation, as someone scheduled for a Feb 14 class, is that you leave yourself closer to two weeks. I had the same plan, but here at crunch time trying to fit things in is a nightmare. Family and friends will want to see you. You'll need to make plans for your swag. Car, taxes, and other expenses or headaches need to be planned out.

Remember, you graduate with only 7 days of leave. That's 7 days to report orders in hand for your first posting. You are not really coming back after you leave. Have your goodbyes said, stuff packed, and so forth.

Anchors_Away

I see from some of our posts in other areas of the forum that FINSELS may be coming soon for us! Awesome! I was lucky enough to get word that NRC was up all of this week after the snow and that most/all of the age crits are getting their FINSELs with the rest of us "soon" to follow. Hopefully that means March dates!

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Remember, you graduate with only 7 days of leave. That's 7 days to report orders in hand for your first posting. You are not really coming back after you leave. Have your goodbyes said, stuff packed, and so forth.

The Navy will provide you an allotted time frame to pack, move, and find a place to live at your next duty station. Depending on where you are moving you could have up to 2 weeks before reporting to your first duty station. The Navy doesn't punish you by making you use your leave dates while moving.