• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO REC Y SWO 09DEC

Yellowjackets

I really hope it's more like April-June time frame for OCS. If not earlier :)
That would be awesome. My OR did mention that December selections were for FY 17 so our OCS graduation dates had to fall after October 1st. Not sure if that is still the case. The earlier the better!

Matthew10

Hmm. I'm not sure. But it's weird that if that were true, the people from the August board aren't also for FY 17. If our grad date has to be after October that is a lot of wasted months in between since I have only seen 14 Feb as the latest date for the recent Aug SWO selection. I figured ours would be a few months after that.

Correction: actually March is the latest I have seen. I feel like it's all speculation really. Some of us will be split and going to different classes I'm sure.

Last edited:

banjosquirrel

That would be awesome. My OR did mention that December selections were for FY 17 so our OCS graduation dates had to fall after October 1st. Not sure if that is still the case. The earlier the better!

This is the first I've heard of this... My OR told me it's more likely that I should expect a date in the first quarter of the year. I'm really hoping to leave before summer, at least.

MR

I just got a call from NRD Phoenix. They needed some follow up information regarding paperwork I submitted. I asked about a projected OCS date and FINSEL and they told me that I would most likely get the FINSEL sometime in January, and the my OCS date would be be probably March. He stated that was his opinion from experience, but obviously he couldn't be sure.

Matthew10

I just got a call from NRD Phoenix. They needed some follow up information regarding paperwork I submitted. I asked about a projected OCS date and FINSEL and they told me that I would most likely get the FINSEL sometime in January, and the my OCS date would be be probably March. He stated that was his opinion from experience, but obviously he couldn't be sure.

A March OCS date would be amazing!!!

abc

I heard that FINSEL should be out by 9 Feb which I guess would be 60 dates from 9 Dec. I want to be at OCS as soon as I can be.

banjosquirrel

How has everyone been with the wait? I'm ready to go already

I'm taking the time to get everything in order before I leave, like figuring out where to store my stuff and where my cat will go, ha. Other than that just working on improving my sit ups, push ups, and run time. Have all of you let your current employers know what's up? How long are you planning on staying at your current jobs?

Matthew10

Just put your cat in the storage lol. My employer knows I'll be leaving within the next 3-5 months. I plan on staying there until probly a week or so before I'm suppose to be at OCS.

banjosquirrel

Just put your cat in the storage lol. My employer knows I'll be leaving within the next 3-5 months. I plan on staying there until probly a week or so before I'm suppose to be at OCS.
haha if only it were that simple. I'll have to quit my job earlier than that because I've got to fly the damn cat across the country to stay with my mom.