• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO REC Y SWO 09DEC

banjosquirrel

Checking into this board as well! Congratulations to everyone! Big step! My recruiter expects a FINSEL letter in the Spring and a report date of Summer/Fall. Till then, just grind the nine to five, read the appendix, workout, and dream about signing the papers.

Who knows, though. If you're following the Final Select Purgatory thread there are a ton of really fast turnovers right now, as in Jan/Feb class dates from the Dec boards. Although it appears to be mostly NFO/SNAs.

Anchors_Away

A nice turnover would be great. I'm hoping that having my security clearance done in June of this year (i first applied in Feburary) might speed things up.

Rob Higgins

Who knows, though. If you're following the Final Select Purgatory thread there are a ton of really fast turnovers right now, as in Jan/Feb class dates from the Dec boards. Although it appears to be mostly NFO/SNAs.
I wouldn't complain with a quick turnover. My recruiter (originally thought summer) thinks it could be sooner with the quick turnover as well.

banjosquirrel

A nice turnover would be great. I'm hoping that having my security clearance done in June of this year (i first applied in Feburary) might speed things up.
Yeah, my security clearance was done back in March. It was super intense! I think because I was applying for IDC areas at the time although I later decided that SWO was my top choice. Whoops

MR

Hopefully already having a clearance helps lol. Is anyone else switching branches? I'm getting out of the Air Force.
Yup. Currently 1c1x1 Air Traffic Control. E-5 w/ 7.5 yrs. Made it just in time to not worry about testing for Tech. Although, I'll still probably study... I have to complete my course 15 as well. I'll play that one by ear.

Matthew10

Yup. Currently 1c1x1 Air Traffic Control. E-5 w/ 7.5 yrs. Made it just in time to not worry about testing for Tech. Although, I'll still probably study... I have to complete my course 15 as well. I'll play that one by ear.

Awesome. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. So are you tracking that our final selection letter needs to come in before we swear in? And then after we swear in the conditional release form can be signed and sent back to our chain of command?

MR

Awesome. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. So are you tracking that our final selection letter needs to come in before we swear in? And then after we swear in the conditional release form can be signed and sent back to our chain of command?

I had my commander sign the conditional release form when I begun the application process. In fact, that was the first thing my recruiter made me do before she would work with me. I guess she wanted to make sure my CC would let me go before we moved forward. As far as swearing in... I'm awaiting my FINSEL, which I should get after the security clearance check, and then I can swear in. My recruiter says this will be no later than FEB 9. I saw where you said you had a TS and still have to go through the security vetting process. SMH... government loves to waste money. I have a secret clearance as well. This seems like a formality, but it's definitely a waste of effort. I guess I can see if you managed to jack your credit up since you've been in there could be an issue. Anyway, congrats again on being selected. I know I was very surprised that I got selected.

Matthew10

I had my commander sign the conditional release form when I begun the application process. In fact, that was the first thing my recruiter made me do before she would work with me. I guess she wanted to make sure my CC would let me go before we moved forward. As far as swearing in... I'm awaiting my FINSEL, which I should get after the security clearance check, and then I can swear in. My recruiter says this will be no later than FEB 9. I saw where you said you had a TS and still have to go through the security vetting process. SMH... government loves to waste money. I have a secret clearance as well. This seems like a formality, but it's definitely a waste of effort. I guess I can see if you managed to jack your credit up since you've been in there could be an issue. Anyway, congrats again on being selected. I know I was very surprised that I got selected.

My CC had to sign it to before I could board. I'm talking about now that we are selected we wait for finsel then swear in, the Navy signs it, and then it goes back to the Air Force. That's what I'm gathering.

MR

Honestly I haven't got that far yet. I know we apply for seperation under vMPF. I would imagine we would provide the paperwork once we swear in to the MPF. I have an SRB (bonus) too. I am past the two year minimum service requirement, but may require a waiver to separate (automatic). I have a lot of questions to ask. I will definitely fill you in when I start that process after the holidays.

Matthew10

Yea. I was just wondering so she could have another wifey type to talk to while we are gone to OCS and things like that.

Yellowjackets

Hey guys congrats to everybody on getting selected. I'm also waiting on my FINSEL letter. My OR mentioned a July or August OCS as a possibility for me as well. Hopefully see some or all of you at OCS.