• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Pro-rec Y! but no time, What can I do?

Hello all, I am looking for any wisdom or guidance someone can share. I just received my Pro- Rec Y about an hour ago via phone call from my recruiter. Unfortunately, I turn 27 on March 19. Given the schedule I've seen on other threads that means the only OCS class I could attend and still commission before my 27th birthday is December 4th (this upcoming Sunday). This is obviously a ridiculously short turnaround.

My recruiter is a great guy but he is very new and doesn't seem very familiar with some of the more specific regulations and essentially brushed off my concerns about this issue. I tried to explain my position but it didn't go anywhere. Is there anyone who has been in this situation? Is there someone I can call to accelerate the process for a finsel. I know this is a long shot but I hate to see the dream die because I didn't do all I could. There has been much discussion on age waivers and I'm well aware they are not available.

Any ideas??

exNavyOffRec

your fate is in the hands of NRC, nothing you can really do as the orders for those going on Dec 4th should have already been sent and tickets bought, I would talk to your recruiter and push him to have the OACR talk to NRC

Thank you for the advice, I'm willing to try anything and everything. What is the OACR? Is there a number or office at NRC that would even take my call?