• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro-Rec to Final

charrell

OK, well I found out last week that I got pro-reced for the BDCP and now I am just waiting on my final rec. Is this basically just a formality once you are accepted? Also, about how long does it take to get your final rec? My recruiter told me 2-3 weeks, but I have seen guys on here say it took months. Is this normal and if not what causes it to take so long? Will it help speed up my process since I am prior enlisted Marine Corps? I know that was a lot of questions but any that anyone feels like answering would be helpful. Thanks.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Formality? That's a dangerous word to throw around in regards to selection, but I would say you are good as long as you have no skeletons in your closet. The wait for final select, as I understand, is so they can process your medical info and do your background investigation for security clearance, etc.

Not sure on how long it will take, someone on here should give you an idea. Congrats on your pro-rec!

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
My recruiter gave me the same timeline, a couple of weeks. However, he told me that they do the security clearance after your Final Select...anyone want to chime in on this?

Nick

Tom

pilot
Contributor
You fill out a security clearance questionnaire just to see if you qualify. The hard part about the application is now done. A board selected you and now all you need to do now is finish some last areas. It can take a long time based of many factors, most of which you cannot control. Just complete everything your recruiter needs as fast as you can. From my experience very few people experience any real problems getting their final select. I cannot imagine being a prior Marine would speed anything up. In all reality it probably means you'll be fine in the long run since you already were in the military. Once you do get final select make sure you swear in as soon as possible so you can start getting paid.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
In regards to the top secret clearance, mine is being done right now and wasn't started until after I swore in. This take about 6 months I hear.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
It only took 2 weeks from being pro rec'd to final select and swearing in for me. I was told the security check takes longer if you have gaps in your info, moved alot, or sketchy past. I think I saw on the forums a couple people the got pro rec'd but not final select, but I think that happens very rarely.

phrogpilot73

In regards to the top secret clearance, mine is being done right now and wasn't started until after I swore in. This take about 6 months I hear.
You're getting a TS? Officers only need a Secret, are you going Nuke SWO?

If you're aren't doing something that requires a TS (Nuke) when you first commission, you will be submitted for a Secret. Secret takes less time than TS (6 months minimum for TS), and you can be granted an interim while waiting for the results.

SeaStud19

I was contacted by a Federal investigator the other day saying that he wanted to meet so we could go over the paper work I signed so he could start on my security clearance but, I haven't heard anything back yet about final select. Does the fact that they sent someone to begin a background check mean I got final select?