• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO-REC to FINAL SELECT?

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Hey,

I was just wondering how long it typically takes for BDCP applicants to get their FINAL SELECT after being PRO-REC'ed. I got my PRO-REC for BDCP in the March boards, so roughly about 3 weeks ago or so, and I was wondering when I could expect my FS?

My recruiter said my security clearance has already started, and he sent my MEPS paperwork but other than that I'm just sitting and waiting and would really like to start getting paid ASAP for obvious reasons. Also, once I get my final select and swear in how much paperwork is there to fill out (FIN-DOCS?) and how long should it actually take for the direct deposit to actually kick in?

Thanks in advance!

amoore47

I received my PRO-REC in April of last year, and got my Final Select in July. However, I would have probably heard sooner if I hadn't taken a second trip to MEPS for additional eye tests. In addition, I think I heard that people are doing their PRT before they sent in the first package. I did mine in May and submitted for the June Board. I swore in at the very end of July, and Direct Deposit took about a month. And yes, there is a ton of paperwork to fill out. I got a sweet Navy pen out of it though. So worth it. If you have any other questions, PM me!

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Search function.

Final select could take 2 days, 6 months or somewhere in between. I didn't see any money for 2 months, but got all the back pay since the day I joined.

elitewillie

Have Clearance

If I already have a clearance and taken my PFT before submitting my package how long would it take from Pro-Rec to Final Select?

Will

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Good

God.

Search. I will tell you anyways. A few days to many months.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Search function.

Final select could take 2 days, 6 months or somewhere in between. I didn't see any money for 2 months, but got all the back pay since the day I joined.

Wait wait, you got all of the back pay from what time period? Do I start accruing pay from the time I'm PRO-REC'ed? Elaborate on that a bit please.

navyboy4415

Final select will take about on average 2 months. It really depends on how quickly your paper work is processed and of course if you are physically qualified. You do not start getting paid though until you swear in. And in order to swear in you have to already been notified that you were PQ and everything else was good to go. Your security interview will come a few months after swearing in. I waited almost 10 months for my security interview for my security clearance.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Wait wait, you got all of the back pay from what time period? Do I start accruing pay from the time I'm PRO-REC'ed? Elaborate on that a bit please.
You are entitled to pay the day you join the Navy, as in sign the dotted line.