• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec and Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Carter

I have been reading this forum over six months and everyday someone posts that sna and nfo are closed. However, everyday someone post that they have earned a slot. My question is that reciently I have been pro req for nfo andwas wondering that if a program is closed does this imply that my pro rec is worthless.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had the same problem when I applied for BDCP SNA. I had to wait until applications opened back up (they had been closed for a month or two) before I could send my package up. I ended up getting a pro-rec but while my application was out they closed slots AGAIN before I got a final select/reject notification. My recruiter said it like this - they wouldn't give you a pro-rec if there wasn't a real seat for you in a plane. It's not a guarantee, but why would they give you a pro-rec and they turn around and say "sorry but we're taking it away"? Surely they plan for the pro-recs when they decide how many people to take. Good luck.

RobNLa

JPC-
I had the unfortunate experience of being pro rec'd only to have SNA fill up before I was picked up for final selection. The more time I spend on this forum, the more I realize that there are no guarantees in the Navy and everyone has different experiences. I wish you only the best of luck. However, my advice to you is not to count on a slot until you sign a contract. I let myself believe that I was in and I was incredibly disappointed. Just make up your mind not to give up, no matter what happens.

Rob

Daedalus

Rob, If you were Pro rec, than you have what it takes, Congrats, and keep at it, and you will get your slot, good luck!

Joshua Carter

Thank you for the information. If there is anyone else in the same situation or has been selected or not selected after a pro rec please reply.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
I'm still in between the pro rec and final select phases too. I guess I'll find out soon enough if I'm final selected or dropped. I was pro rec'd for NFO and crypto, chose to go NFO. Waiting... waiting...

jasmontoya

I was pro rec'ed for NFO at the beginning of Sept. and have been medically disqualified twice since then. The first time was because MEPS listed my sight as uncorrectable to 20/20. I later got this cleared up. The second time was because of a minor knee surgery that I received 14 years ago. I am scheduled to report back to MEPS tomorrow to get my knee evaluated.
I think the Navy is trying hard to test how bad I want to be an officer.

My major concern is that slots will close up before I get my final selection.

RobNLa

JPC,
You don't lose your pro req unless you don't get selected. Just hope that a slot opens while you are in limbo.

Dave Shutter

JPC, I was initially ProRec but was turned down for pilot, subsuquently my app went down the hall to every other community and they passed as well. I wasn't particularly interested in any other community but it still didn't sit well. After tuning up my test scores it went back in and I got pilot. I do believe it went straight back to the SNA board at that point. Remember, the Pro' board determines your general eligibility to be an Officer, the community board decides wether or you not you get into their club.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
I really hope you guys are right. I've kind of got a lot riding on this now since I found out I was pro rec'd. I was told that was like 99% in, so I've been counting on it.

fraz76

Same here guys...I was pro-rec for my first choice BDCP-NFO FY2005 in July and sent all my FinDocs about two weeks ago. Long story why it took so long to get my findocs ready. And welcome to the Navy way of life...standfast.
Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.