• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

I have 20/20 uncorrected vision but my Cycloplegic refraction (dilated refraction error)is slightly out of SNA limits, basically that is saying what correction my eyes are going to need someday in the future. Has anyone heard of anybody ever having PRK with already having 20/20 uncorrected vision?

jet_ifr

Brandon,

I haven't heard of anyone that's 20/20 having PRK...but a good friend of mine was in the same situation as you, he had 20/25 vision and was out of the AF's cycloplegic refraction standards on the + side (farsighted). He used the See Clearly Method to strengthen his eyes and passed the exam on his second try, he got a ANG slot...

Read about it: http://www.seeclearlymethod.com/

Hope this helps-

I fly. Me pilot?

JayManC

not only have I not heard of someone with 20/20 having it done, nor have I heard of a DR that will operate if you're under 20/40 don't know about hyperopic corrections and the safety margins that they have with those!

<insert something witty here:>

Brandon

Thanks for the help Jet_ifr! I am looking into that method right now, I don't suppose you know how much your friend imporoved his cycloplegic refraction? I am .50 diopters over the limit so I am not that far off and I can pass every other part of the eye exam. The only part that I don't understand about this method is that it sais it strengthens your eyes and I always thought that dilating the eyes completly paralized the focusing mechanism in your eyes, so it woouldn't matter how strong my eyes are, but I am probably wrong. but it is defenitly worth a try!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.