• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK WAIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bighead

Does anyone know if you can still get a waiver for PRK? I heard you might not be able to get it anymore.

jet_ifr

PRK Waivers are to be had...I know b/c I had PRK, applied for a waiver and got the thumbs up from NAMI on my physical. Where did you hear that you couldn't get them anymore?...who ever told you that is full of $hit.

John

I fly. Me pilot?

JayManC

I sure hope theyre still available, if not im screwed. Im waiting for my 3 months to end so that I can apply for one

<insert something witty here:>

ajmlee82

jet_ifr, how does the timing of your PRK surgery work out? all i heard is that reciving this procedure before having any committment to the navy will not be waiverable..

Kimphils Girl

My brother told me that you can get a waiver before you commit to the navy, as long as the doctor is approved by your recruiter.

Stay trong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

jet_ifr

Originally posted by Kimphils Girl
My brother told me that you can get a waiver before you commit to the navy, as long as the doctor is approved by your recruiter.

Stay trong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

The part about the waiver is correct, you'll apply for the waiver before you sign on the line (most likely), unless you're MECEP, BDCP etc. The part about getting your recruiter to approve the doctor is incorrect. If you are paying for the surgery yourself then why would your recruiter have a say in it? Anyway for more info about the waiver process look at some of my past posts and look at this link, straight from the horse's mouth:
http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/ophthalmology.htm#lasik

I fly. Me pilot?

Kimphils Girl

Actually the recruiter does have to approve the doctor. And if you bring the bill to your recruiter then the navy will pick up the tab. This info comes straight from my brother. I hope this helps.

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

kimphil

Originally posted by Kimphils Girl
Actually the recruiter does have to approve the doctor. And if you bring the bill to your recruiter then the navy will pick up the tab. This info comes straight from my brother. I hope this helps.

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

I gotta girl!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ... Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What's the eye waiver for NFO's and Aviators? I want to be an NFO, but I would love to be an aviator if the Marines will pay for my PRK if that still happens or whatever? Thanks and Semper FI

Status
Not open for further replies.