• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK Waiver Process

Bernie Kosar

Once you have the PRK eye surgery done can you apply for an air contract with the Marines and have the waiver pending (or do you have to wait until you are officially approved for the waiver to apply for the air contract)?

I appreciate the help!

AV8BQAR

Mech
After your vision has stabilized and it has been at least 3 months (I think) you can apply for the waiver PRIOR to your application. If you have the time to wait, you can do it that way.

I am only 2 months post-op with 20/15, and I will be getting my flight physical and putting in for my PRK waiver as soon as I hit 3 months, even though it will be next spring before I put in for ECP.

AppleCello

Hey, hows it goin? I remember when you had yours done. Im about 1.5 months since surgery now and my vision is crystal clear. I'm going back to the dock tomorrow morning to checkin with him and get my eyes examined. Couldnt be happier with things though!

After your vision has stabilized and it has been at least 3 months (I think) you can apply for the waiver PRIOR to your application. If you have the time to wait, you can do it that way.

I am only 2 months post-op with 20/15, and I will be getting my flight physical and putting in for my PRK waiver as soon as I hit 3 months, even though it will be next spring before I put in for ECP.