• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK and MEPS ISSUE

borinf2d

T-Bone
I'm familiar with the 3 months and the 6 months time period after PRK for a waiver, but I am getting ready to go to MEPS and my recruiter told me MEPS wouldn't see a PRK for 12 months after the surgery. I haven't read about anyone having this problem. He said he is going to get me up at the reserves and they will do the physical instead of MEPS. Could there be any problems with not going to MEPS or this 12 month issue? Has anyone else not had their phsyical with MEPS?

borinf2d

T-Bone
Apparently I'm going to take my physical at some reserve place in Jacksonville instead of going to MEPS.

borinf2d

T-Bone
Must be, I have no clue. He just said to come up next weekend, I wasn't aware that you didn't have to go to MEPS.

AppleCello

I had trouble my first two times at meps due to prk. long story, but they told me "come back in december, 6 months after your operation."

my recruiter was convinced that they were wrong and that the navy policy should override their meps policy etc etc.

anyhow, im supposed to go back next week so i will let you know what I find there.

by the way, there is a thread here called "how to get around meps" or something to that effect, search for it. it gives some good advice on how to deal with them.

borinf2d

T-Bone
Ok, my physical is at NAS Jacksonville. My recruiter said I'd get a day vehicle pass. Is there anything cool I can do with this? such as look around, or am I going to be only allowed to go directly to the medical place and out?

AppleCello

Just got back from Ft Dix MEPS (New Jersey) and finally had it all work out. I was turned away twice before due to PRK, but now that its been 6 months, they had no problem with it, recommeded the waiver. We'll see how it goes, and my recruiter told me its basically a formality of just collecting the signatures needed at this point.

The rest of the MEPS process was very smooth though. Very few recruits today, around 20, so it was very quick. I was done by 10:30am.