• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private Pilot's Licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8tor

CNRC competitive profile for Pilot and NFO dated 9/25/03
NFO - (GPA 3.15) OAR (52) AQR (6) FAR (6) PRT (Good/MED) Flight License / Experience Significent negative factors - Any drug usage, Body Fat >20% (30% for females) Weight >235
Pilot - TBD PRT (Good/MED) Flight License / Experience same neg. factors as FO
Pilot / NFO BDCP - 3.3 OAR 52-54 AQR 6 FAR 6-7 same PRT same positive factors and same neg. factors as above

av8tor

Flight experience is a definite plus or icing on the cake
My above post meant to say that drugs and fat a**es are viewed negatively.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by av8tor
CNRC competitive profile for Pilot and NFO dated 9/25/03
NFO - (GPA 3.15) OAR (52) AQR (6) FAR (6) PRT (Good/MED) Flight License / Experience Significent negative factors - Any drug usage, Body Fat >20% (30% for females) Weight >235
Pilot - TBD PRT (Good/MED) Flight License / Experience same neg. factors as FO
Pilot / NFO BDCP - 3.3 OAR 52-54 AQR 6 FAR 6-7 same PRT same positive factors and same neg. factors as above

All of those numbers sound about right - how did you get this info? Just curious.

cricechex

I am currently in the DEP. My rating will be AME. I assume I will be stationed as a NAS. I was planning on waiting to complete my PPL because I heard there are flying clubs at NAS's. Is this true? Good or Bad idea?

crichex

Hartman

Why drop your own hard-earned cash when you can go to IFS and aquire the same skills for free? A PPL will exclude you from being considered for IFS.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
the IFS only gives you 25 hours, right?

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that I soloed yesterday!! I love FLYING!!!

Ben

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Thanks Riley,
I should have some pics on the web of it by the end of the week, so I'll let everyone know so they can check them out.

ben

confused_pilot

Hartman, if you time it right you can use IFS to just start you off, then since waits are soo long for API just go to a part 61 school to finish off the PPL. As far as I have heard, any licence doesn't help as far as appication wise. However, LOR's are a must and theres jsut something about aviation you meet former xo of this back in WWII, ect.. and the more contact you have, especially those who can comment on you skills as an aviator can not hurt. Also, anyone looking to get a PPL before going to p'cola try to find an instructor who either learned from someone who did it, or did it themselves. I myslef will be training the academy middies under the instruction of a former naval aviator, the guy runs a tight ship, but knows/prepares the students for p'cola. Also if you are going to drop some of your own $$ because you love flying get some time in a Beech Bonaza. The T-34 and Bonaza are built on the same wing and until the turboweinie shared an engine platform. While seating/view will be a little different getting used to that 200kt cruise will definatly help the transition to the T-34.

Status
Not open for further replies.