• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Just curious...I ASSumed the individual private groups forums were for studs and pilots in those specific groups. Meaning, the jet guys only allowed in the private jet forum, helo guys only allowed in private helo forum, etc. I was clicking through user profiles and saw someone that was registered in every private forum! What are the stipulations for getting access to these private forums?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
I was under the same understanding as you... I only approve current or former helo guys into the private helo group.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some Mods and Super Mods have full access, to allow quick action when necessary. I can access everything, but generally try to keep my nose out of forums I have little to no experience with (BDCP, Marine OCS) unless something (opsec, flaming, for example) becomes an issue requiring immediate attention. Many times due to time difference, I'm on when no one else is and can take action before everyone else wakes up.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
jboomer said:
Just curious...I ASSumed the individual private groups forums were for studs and pilots in those specific groups. Meaning, the jet guys only allowed in the private jet forum, helo guys only allowed in private helo forum, etc. I was clicking through user profiles and saw someone that was registered in every private forum! What are the stipulations for getting access to these private forums?
Also, some guys like me who fly jets now, but did enlisted Aircrew tours in both helos and P-3s might have multiple membership. Makes for a better pool of amusing sea stories ;)

Good times,

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Also, some guys like me who fly jets now, but did enlisted Aircrew tours in both helos and P-3s might have multiple membership. Makes for a better pool of amusing sea stories ;)

Good times,

Brett
Good lord you must be old!

T-man

So, is there a list somewhere of all the private forums so that new members can know what forums he might qualify to request access to? I doubt I qualify for any as I am currently a civilian, but I am applying for NFO in the Marines and so when the time comes, would like to know what forums I qualify to request access to, if any. I personally was only aware of a spouses private forum, and the pilot private forum, but from this thread I see there are quite a few more private forums that I was not aware of.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Go to "User CP" scroll down and on the left will be a tab that says " Group Membership" Click there and then request to join.

The private naval aviators forum (to my understanding) is for anyone in any part of flight training starting at API (Actually in Pensacola).

There is a private jet, helo, and maritime forum and of course the private spouse. Not sure if there are any more.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I was just looking at Zab's profile and such, there's nothing identifying him as a mod...I suspect many if not all of the mods are the same. Has it been tossed around whether or not to identify them as such by placing something unique under or on their identifying info? Not trying to step on toes, and definitely not whining...just curious is all.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some people use the title under their screen name in the corner. I like to use mine for witty remarks...most of the time...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
jboomer said:
I was just looking at Zab's profile and such, there's nothing identifying him as a mod...I suspect many if not all of the mods are the same. Has it been tossed around whether or not to identify them as such by placing something unique under or on their identifying info? Not trying to step on toes, and definitely not whining...just curious is all.
Gotcha, see what I can do... technically, mods should have the gold and silver stars (super, and regular mods).. but depending on how I set them up, USERGROUPS, they might not have it displayed, as in ZABs case..

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
squeeze said:
hmm... i have blue stars... am I a stealth mod? :)
ack, blue or grey/silver, whatever... back to the charts and exercise planning... I can barely see straight...

wait, why did I ever MAKE you a mod? must have been drinking at the time, ONLY possible reason.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
I am not a mod and I have blue stars... why is everyone seeing stars? God I drink to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.