• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private aircraft-of-choice

Hair Warrior

Contributor
If you were a billionaire and could own any 1 aircraft - military or commercial - as your only mode of air travel, which aircraft would you choose?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
If you can afford 40-50 gal/hour of JET A - this is it: (Kodiak 100)

P1777550-1.jpg

HuggyU2

None
l - as your only mode of air travel, which aircraft would you choose?
For me, airplanes aren't for "air travel".
Airplanes are for so much more. "Air travel" is a small subset of what they are to be used for, in my world.
And if I'm traveling long distances as a billionaire, I'll be sitting in the back anyways.
Different story if I'm not going far.

So... one airplane? It will be a compromise. But if you insist... here's a contender:

I'll Fedex my suitcase to the destination.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I was intentionally vague in case someone wanted to pick a rotary wing, dirigible, or some other non-airplane.

Walt6541

PBY-6A. Larger control surfaces for better slow speed handling for those hairier landings, amphibious so I'm not bound to runways, enough room for a handful of my buddies and a bunch of kit, twin 50s in the nose instead of a single 30. Take me almost anywhere I want to go and let me handle any pesky uninvited guests!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Just one? AW139, I can load up most of the extended family and fly them to Aspen or Telluride for some skiing and back to Denver for steaks! But I’d want more…say…an F4U Corsair, A-4 Skyhawk, and loaner privileges on the @mad dog ”pusher jet.”
41EF11A7-7DFC-401F-A1D0-D1407C1EA1E3.jpeg