• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Priority for Pilot Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinag12

Texas A&M Class of '06
I got a question that might be pretty obvious to some, but I would like a little clarification.

I was wondering if there is a set priority list for who gets chosen for SNA frm different commisioning paths (ex: USNA first, then NROTC, then BDCP, then if anything is left, OCS).

I am curious b/c I am really wanting to go be a pilot, but I have crappy vision, and I am wondering if I should wait and just go OCS to see if they allow unlimited PRK waivers after their "stuty" is complete. I would hate to get the shaft if I go get PRK, wait the 3 months, then get denied a waiver and waste all the money on PRK (I dont have much money, and Im content with contacts!). I am willing to hold off and just go straight OCS, but not if it would affect my chances of going into flight school as compared to 2-year NROTC or BDCP.

Thanks!
bouncy_125.gif

kevin

i think selection is nrotc/usna first, ocs last, but only ocs guarantees (bdcp guarantees but i dont know where that fits in...probably along with ocs). however, as the process goes now for applying sna/snfo, you get prorecd by the board first (this is for ocs) and then do medical/prt/security/etc. there is a thread (or 10) on this in this forum. who knows when the study will be complete and prk approved across the board, but i certainly think it's unwise to make predictions.

flyinag12

Texas A&M Class of '06
Thanks. Thats kind of what i was figuring, but it never hurts to ask. As far as PRK go's, i dont think anyone knows what the hell is going on. Ive read so many different versions of how it all works and what the policies are. I guess it just depends upon current policy and what the doc thinks when he signs your form at the "NAMI-whammy".

kevin

i sort of forgot that part. you can wait to see if your selected for sna/snfo before getting prk (but timing is critical here since you have to be med qual'd within 30 days). so if you have qualms about spending the money when you're not sure, there's the solution. but sometimes you just have to take your chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.