• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Service Veteran with VA disability

Christman61

Good evening everyone,

I am a prior service Navy Veteran I discharged honorably in Dec 2020 and i am receiving 80% VA disability. My Re-entry code on my DD-214 says RE-R1 which is preferred enlistment. I will be finishing my degree next year spring time and am wondering the process to join as a commissioned officer, or if i am even eligible. I was also eligible for reenlistment but decided to just get out. Any information would really be appreciated. I've spoken to a few recruiters and they have said since i am receiving over 30% disability they can't help me, but there is not a BUPERS instruction stating the 30% rule. I would think that would be up to MEPS and not the recruiters. Thanks!

-Kevin

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good evening everyone,

I am a prior service Navy Veteran I discharged honorably in Dec 2020 and i am receiving 80% VA disability. My Re-entry code on my DD-214 says RE-R1 which is preferred enlistment. I will be finishing my degree next year spring time and am wondering the process to join as a commissioned officer, or if i am even eligible. I was also eligible for reenlistment but decided to just get out. Any information would really be appreciated. I've spoken to a few recruiters and they have said since i am receiving over 30% disability they can't help me, but there is not a BUPERS instruction stating the 30% rule. I would think that would be up to MEPS and not the recruiters. Thanks!

-Kevin

The 30% rule is a navy recruiting command policy.

Just move on and enjoy that sweet disability pay and whatever you can land in the civilian sector.

You’ve already been told no by numerous recruiters.