• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior enlisted getting officer interview?

deep sea

I am a navy diver, E5 applying for NFO. How does one go about scheduling an officer interview? Who? Where? etc...I have a good package to send in but just need this interview and the CO recommendation but nobody seems to know the process for completing the application. Any suggestions from people that have done this would be appreciated.

Aircrew Instruc

None
Dude use the search function to find the answers to all your questions. Since this is your first post I'll help you out. You need an officer in the designator that you are applying for on the board. If a NFO is unavailable you can use a pilot. OPNAVINST 1420.1A has all the infornation that you need.

utak

Call up one of the squadrons at North Island and schedule an interview. That's what I did.

robav8r

None
Contributor
You should also have a mentor in your own command that you can go to for help and assistance. I would start with your Div O perhaps . . . .

deep sea

Thanks, I think calling a squadron at North Island is the way to go. I already tried using my command but they couldn't help very much.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
You should also have a mentor in your own command that you can go to for help and assistance. I would start with your Div O perhaps . . . .

Honestly, at some places that would be considered a pretty funny joke, though in reality quite sad.

When I was working on my package I had to do all the work, including finding all the officers for the interviews. There was truely no one there that helped w/ one exception, and it wasn't my div-0. I'm guessing that you're putting in an OCS app so the process is different from what I did. However, just make sure that you hit the proper requirements for your interview, and keep your CoC informed about any interviews that you intend to set up. I'm sure they wouldn't want to find out last minute that you scheduled an interview outside the CoC w/o them knowing about it. Also, if you happen to have a PS that was at a prior aviation command they could help you out w/ a foot in the door to talk to someone, that was how I selected the squadron to get my interview done at.

Also, if you have any questions make sure you check the instruction first, then do a search around here (make sure you try the google search as well as the built-in function), then if there is anything else shoot away, there are plenty of people around here that are willing to help.