• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior enlisted BDCP

coredukes

None
Just wondering if any prior enlisted BDCP guys/gals had any problems receiving their correct pay while in the program? For example had 6 years prior but started receiving E-3 <2 pay.

Boomer91

I am prior and have been having issues getting my "mypay" set up. It went away after I got out a few years ago and I still need to get my account set up. It is something I definitely need to look into for my 4 years of prior service. From what I have seen there are very few priors in the program so it probably hasn't been brought to their attention enough for them to look at it more closely. I will get "mypay" set up soon and try to figure it out. What all have you done to get that taken care of?

coredukes

None
I am prior and have been having issues getting my "mypay" set up. It went away after I got out a few years ago and I still need to get my account set up. It is something I definitely need to look into for my 4 years of prior service. From what I have seen there are very few priors in the program so it probably hasn't been brought to their attention enough for them to look at it more closely. I will get "mypay" set up soon and try to figure it out. What all have you done to get that taken care of?

I was just pro rec'd but was just thinking about the problems that I've had with my pay while I was in and could see something like this being over looked when I get back in and start getting paid. I was just wondering if its happened to anyone. Keep me updated and let me know

Boomer91

Will do. I am going to fax DFAS all of the stuff they need next week to get the ball rolling on that. Congratulations on your selection.

Lobster

Do you guys get knocked down to E-3 pay when you go BDCP? Even if you're already at a higher paygrade?

Boomer91

Yeah, they don't give you your old rank back. I would have been happy just to get a spot in OCS much less a pay check for the next 14 months. For me just having the piece of mind that I get to go to OCS this early in the game is more than enough. Active duty pay is just a major perk. I am going to ask about my time in service, but as of right now I am just happy to be where I am. Putting on bars will be the ultimate reward.

Lobster

true, you've got a good perspective on things, and of course the butter bars are the ultimate goal, that's just a total buzz kill about the pay for you guys...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After reading the FAQ's on BDCP, it doesn't specifically mention that prior service counts toward pay while in the program. I hope that it does, but like I said, I didn't see anything that specifically mentions it. What does your contract state?

-ea6bflyr ;)

coredukes

None
After reading the FAQ's on BDCP, it doesn't specifically mention that prior service counts toward pay while in the program. I hope that it does, but like I said, I didn't see anything that specifically mentions it. What does your contract state?

-ea6bflyr ;)

I was just pro rec'd so its definitely something I am going to have to ask about when the final select comes.