• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary: Whiting or Corpus?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Hey i liked VT-27 as well, theres nothing like standing SDO and screaming into the phone, "Hello, WORLD FAMOUS BOOMERS!" yes i knew a guy who did that.

MasterBates

I always wondered what 27 did to be "world famous"...

Don't squadrons have to go on a "round the world cruise" to get that moniker?

Or maybe they assume since the Luftwaffe is world famous, they are by association.

Trev82

pilot
Currently in 27 i definitely have no gripes, and if your not scheduled the beach is an AMAZING place......especially during spring break =)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
dude, i hate to break it to you, but the corpus beach blows. just wait till theres literally 3 feet of seaweed mixed with oil and trash covering the entire beach...happens every july til about september. enjoy.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I did the -27 to Enid transition... I fucking hate Enid

I loved 27 and Corpus in general. Enid blows, and anyone who is even considering volunteering for Air Force primary should be smacked around. I had an overwhelmingly positive experience with the IP's from 27, and even helped Kmac get a record # of X's in one day that I think he just recently broke again.

Primary is gonna suck, no matter what. You might as well go somewhere where you can sleep in if you don't have to fly that day. By sleeping in I mean sleeping past 0430! :eek:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

I loved 27 and Corpus in general. Enid blows, and anyone who is even considering volunteering for Air Force primary should be smacked around. I had an overwhelmingly positive experience with the IP's from 27, and even helped Kmac get a record # of X's in one day that I think he just recently broke again.

Primary is gonna suck, no matter what. You might as well go somewhere where you can sleep in if you don't have to fly that day. By sleeping in I mean sleeping past 0430! :eek:

this one speaks the truth.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

...I had an overwhelmingly positive experience with the IP's from 27, and even helped Kmac get a record # of X's in one day that I think he just recently broke again.

I got 5 X's in a day: 2 of which were getting Wilson's on-wing ready for a cross-country. Go figure.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was he too busy trunking jet rides then?

You can't blame the guy for wanting to go jets vice EP-3s. And these were RI flights that I was doing, so it really didn't require an on-wing.