• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary: Whiting or Corpus?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
First off, Joboy had the misfortune of saying stupid things on AW before entering Primary. It wasn't that bad for you, was it? Second of all, what's wrong with hanging out with studs at the Christ*mas party? Most of the IPs are married, and I really don't want to piss off their wives. I was a good kid until I was Bunk's student... it's been downhill since then.

*I keed, I keed

I wasn't speaking about MY experience in 27. I simply said the majority didn't have a good experience. Said nothing about mine.

Frankly, I was treated well by virtually all the instructors I flew with, and my experience was OK. I can say that advanced is WAY better than primary. Not sure if that was 27, or just primary in general.

All I meant was that talking to various alumni from 27, the consensus is that it was not "the place to be" for primary.

And Kmac sitting with studs is basically an example of what SHOULD be done and what is wrong with primary (27?) squadrons. The IPs get this holier than thou attitude (NOT ALL, but a select few) and treat ENS SNAs like lepers, whereas you talk to any other non-IP O-3 (like, say... at the club) and they laugh when you call them sir.

nugget81

pilot
All I meant was that talking to various alumni from 27, the consensus is that it was not "the place to be" for primary.

Then you've been talking to the wrong guys because all my friends that went through 27, myself included, had a great time there. I think the score's about 10-1 now....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Then you've been talking to the wrong guys because all my friends that went through 27, myself included, had a great time there. I think the score's about 10-1 now....

Well apparently it must be cyclical because that's the consensus I got. Nugget went through like a year or so before me, and drob and JAC went through a year or so after me, so it would seem there is a cycle.

Whatever. Full of shit or not, I'll go back to my hole now.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
who cares where you end up as long as it isn't oklahoma?
Duuuude... We CHOSE Vance, because it was (relatively) close to home. There is a girl on the Private Spouses Board that is complaining about how much Whiting Sucks (and it does, don't get me wrong), but she has NO CLUE how much other bases suck.

I seriously thought we were at an aux airfield, when Pickle took me to the base. I nearly died when he told me this little, tiny base teeming with AF tards was home!

T-6s are cool, AF IPs... well... yeah....
(and, what the F is up with the mando 12 hour day!??)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yea. I volunteered to go there too. I laugh when primary studs bitched about corpus or whiting. The plane kicked ass. Everything else blew.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
After talking to my friends in 27, it seems that 28 is turning into the squadron that is cracking down on studs while 27 is letting up on them...

We no longer have a day off if you're not scheduled. If you're not scheduled, you show up at 8 and they'll have a job for you. If not, wait around for 4 hours, and they'll find a job for you... awesome.

john1513

AK or bust.
pilot
Come on Red, I don't think it's too much to do something for your paycheck...even if it's standing by to standby. At least you weren't there when we moved the squadron into the hanger last year. Big OAK desks suck.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
After talking to my friends in 27, it seems that 28 is turning into the squadron that is cracking down on studs while 27 is letting up on them...

We no longer have a day off if you're not scheduled. If you're not scheduled, you show up at 8 and they'll have a job for you. If not, wait around for 4 hours, and they'll find a job for you... awesome.
Sounds like the Air Force.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Sounds like VT-3s "JCOP room duty" given to all studs not on schedule, which is like half of the studs at 3 most of the time.