• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary selections

MasterBates

Did not hear it from our 1 C2 guy in primary. He just advocated driving the Greyhound Bus for Codfish Airlines.

I think only F/A-18 Guys are F.A.G's :D

MasterBates

May just be who I flew with. I was in a flight with a lot of Anti-Jet types. Mostly HSL, VP and Phrog pilots. I blew them off, but there were more than a few that were talked out of putting J1 J2 and E2C2 down for selection, because they made it sound like you were eternally in Primary-Mode if you went Jets.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Funny, when I was going through primary many VP guys were saying if they had to do it over again, they would have put jets first... Never really got any serious exposure to the anti-jet mentality people seem to mention.

MasterBates

I think it may be a cyclical thing. Guys going thru primary when I was in advanced, were reporting being encouraged to go Jets (same squadron I was in)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
Do they really do it that much? I guess I never really noticed it. Or I just figured out who to ignore correctly. I've also never felt the need to spitefully mock another community. Good natured teasing, sure, but never anything to the dgree of what I've heard others speak of.

Up at Whidbey, we essentially had a segregated O Club for a while. It's gotten better over the years, but when the P-3s first showed up, there was a lot of tension. Bar room brawls, skippers being relieved - good times. :D

Brett