• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary MIF for blocks

MiracleWhip

Hello. I’ve looked at the JPPT and was a bit unclear.

I know for an incomplete flight, the grades carry over and some instructors will try to get both X’s on the next hop depending on how far along the flight was.

I received one below MIF for a maneuver on my incomplete flight, but was still marked as pass. I read that if a maneuver is marked as below MIF, it is considered unsat. However, the comments say pass.

Can anyone clarify this?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's been a few years, but...

You can receive a below MIF grade on any manuever, as long as it's not an End of Block. You have to meet MIF on the EoB flight. If you don't meet MIF on a EoB flight, but the flight is incomplete, than the flight isn't considered UNSAT. (Okay, yes, you can have an UNSAT INCOMPLETE event, but we were always taught to avoid those because it requires two make up events instead of one, so it wasn't intentionally done).

So if this was an EoB flight, you got a gift. Sometimes those gifts are unintentional. Then there are the other times.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Then I guess I don't understand the problem. That's not to say there isn't a problem, I'm just probably too far out of the game to understand what your issue is.

MiracleWhip

Oh, I think I misread your post sir. I think you meant to say if it WASN’T an end of block flight I got a gift?

I got a below mif for my mid block flight for a departure - I failed to put in the proper crosswind inputs. I just have to meet MIF by end of block correct? Not really worrying a whole lot about my grades, just don’t want to go up for an IPC or pink sheet.

Eulenspeigel

I-JET
pilot
You're fine if the flight wasn't an end of block flight, as long as you get mif or above before the end of the block. No pink sheet or IPC.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh, I think I misread your post sir. I think you meant to say if it WASN’T an end of block flight I got a gift?

Nope, what Eulenspeigel said. MIF only matters for EoB. Hitting and/or exceeding MIF before EoB will help with NSS, but not hitting or exceeding it doesn't cause any failures.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
As stated, you can get below MIF before end of block and it's no problem as long as it's logged as PASS. You aren't expected to be at or above MIF on everything on your first flights in block.

One change in the new 1500 however, is you can no longer incomplete an UNSAT event; even if you only flew a .3 because of maintenance, if it is UNSAT it is complete. Then you will refly that event (until a few months ago, you only reflew EOB or checkride UNSATS).

MiracleWhip

That eases my worries. This was the second fight in the 4200 block and was logged Pass/Incomplete. Thank you everyone for your help!

Eulenspeigel

I-JET
pilot
Just a recent primary stud but if I remember correctly the minimum flight time for a complete was a 1.1 with the under hours due to training requirements met note.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Don't lose sleep on getting dinged for that, I don't mean to say blow it off but I mean focus on it a bit more in your studying and preparation- and then make it better. Review what the FTI says and the IP critique you got. The T-6 can be a bit of a handful in a crosswind and where most people go wrong is not using enough or any aileron into the wind (it's like leaning to the side to balance on a bicycle or a motorcycle) and looking down the runway instead of fixating on the pavement immediately in front of the airplane (Pensacola drivers often get this thing wrong and they are the ones wandering onto the rumble strips, but I digress). If your IP had some other, different critique then of course take that onboard.

Most students are pretty bad in the 4200 block/off wing flights and everybody improves during those flights (improve to slightly less bad but at least consistent). My second to last flight in the Navy was a C4200 and we almost took out the wheels watch cart on the takeoff roll, so you've got that going for you. Incidentally, these were some of my favorite flights to instruct, but I'm probably a little different.