• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Gouge

Does anyone happen to know if there are any good websites for primary gouge? I checked navygouge.com but that was all t-34 stuff. Thanks

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Navynfo.com has good info regarding the ground school portion of primary contacts.

Yea, its too bad the guy who made the site DOR'd after FAM-1. Smart guy too. He just didn't like flying even though he MIF'd everything.

Check out Bubba's "Class 06-21 Trek Thru Training" thread. There's some descent gouge that I used and I'm doing fine. BTW, I hate TPs.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Something to get used to hearing:
"Where you going, bubba?"
"Ahh #$%&, fat fingers."

haha, so true bro. Also....

INSTRUCTOR: KATT 604, which NAVAID are you using??
ME: I'm using the......sh!t.
This was after I gave the MOT call.

INSTRUCTOR: Hey stud, do you mind descending to MDA?
ME: But sir, I havent hit FAF yet?
INSTRUCTOR: Look at your altitude.
I was still at 15,000. Opps.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Also, talk to the class ahead of you. They will have the latest and greatest. The smartest guy in the room isn't the most original, it's the guy who "appropriated" the other guy's notes for his own. Of course, just remember, you live by it, you die by it. As for me, I am a gouge fiend...But it has bit me in the a$$ a few times while I was in flight school. Just keep that in mind. Trust, but verify...Oh, and if all else fails...while you're taking the test, ask the instructor. Generally, they'll talk you on to the right answer. Good luck.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Always always always QA your gouge. There is a lot of it out there and a lot of it is bad, outdated, etc. If you QA your gouge, it won't bite you, so long as you know what the gouge means.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Gouge is a good thing, though. When you get into advanced tactics, you'll find they change ALL the time. Faster than the "official" manuals can be updated. A good set of personal working papers which reflect all the up-to-date stuff is worth its weight in gold.

That, and like Fly Navy said-- as long as you know what the terms and numbers mean and why you're doing certain things-- you'll never get bit toooo hard.