• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Complete (Anotha One) - Whiting Field

raddie

Adding another "primary complete" post to the forum. I found it helpful trying to find the most recent completer gouge prior to starting, so here are my bits and pieces of advice. It took me 31 weeks with 0 med down/IMSAFEs (thanks FL weather).

1) The #1 thing to study before classing up is EPs/Limits. If you know all of your CAMI EPs and limits cold from day one, your life is considerably easier in Primary. You can focus on the actual learning objectives throughout the syllabus and not have to ever worry about the baseline knowledge that is expected from you knowing your memory items. After you feel good about them, dive into the notes, cautions, and warnings. I got absolutely wrecked on a contacts fam flight when I briefed an EP that linked to another EP that linked to ANOTHER EP and I didn't get all of the NWCs for the last one. It set a good tone for the rest of training in the sense of the brief is entirely on us, as SNAs. If you come in and rock the brief, the rest of the day will be much, much more pleasant. That starts with knowing EPs and limits.

2) Always be ready for the next event. Often times, schedule changes and releases come out late in the evening. TSHARP may not have you on for an event all day long and you start to get the creeping feeling "oh wait, am I gonna get a day off?" Think again, skeds will always surprise you. Being one event ahead on discuss items and briefing material will help your own confidence and performance. Oh, and you might get scheduled for those pesky out and ins (another reason to be ready for future events).

3) Let grades take care of themselves. No one likes the guy who is constantly talking about NSS and asking people about their grades and looking up what their friend got 12.3 weeks ago to be able to select jets, etc, etc. Go out, do your best, share the gouge, and let the grades come. Some days, you'll get the hammer in the squadron. Some days, you'll get the 5 happy IP. Life is life and you can't control it. Just focus on the things you can do to set yourself up for success and you'll be much more at peace with the events of primary.

4) SHARE THE GOUGE. This goes back to the last point a little bit. Do not be the guy hoarding gouge. Live and die by it, but share it. If anyone hears that you're a dude that keeps tips/tricks to him/herself, people will not want to be around you. Again, grades work themselves out, so absolutely do not think you are gonna be helping yourself out by screwing over your fellow students.

Just a few notes I had written in my journal over the last few months. All of the cliche primary tips and tricks apply as well. These four are just some of the more noteworthy ones that stand out to me. Thanks all! Go crush primary and have an absolute blast in the trusty gal that is the T6.