• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Previous enlisted experience and it's weight

Spook9

Current background on me:
25 y/o
7 years active
CTT1 (SW/IDW) (will AW and NAC in the coming months)

Question: Does being an enlisted aviator matter at all to the selection boards? Are there certain things they weigh more heavily (ie certain command quals, instructor, WTI, etc, etc), if at all? Should I spend any time chasing things down at the squadron or just focus on good grades and good evals?

Thank you for any input provided!

V/r
CTT1

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Current background on me:
25 y/o
7 years active
CTT1 (SW/IDW) (will AW and NAC in the coming months)

Question: Does being an enlisted aviator matter at all to the selection boards? Are there certain things they weigh more heavily (ie certain command quals, instructor, WTI, etc, etc), if at all? Should I spend any time chasing things down at the squadron or just focus on good grades and good evals?

Thank you for any input provided!

V/r
CTT1

What are you applying for? What's your GPA? ASTB score?

Chud

None
While I can not speak to how much a board weighs certain quals I can tell you that the boards do weigh the whole person. That being said, if you are making a choice between pursuing additional quals at the expense of good evals and a good GPA that's a no brainer, performance counts far more than packing a few more quals into you application. That holds for your entire Naval career.