• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pretty good f-16 data

jmcquate

Contributor
I'm referring to all the guys who opted for low level ingress, including USN. Lots of guys got clobbered by AAA and the SAMs they were supposedly avoiding. These days, particularly when your local super-MEZ is comprised of double digit SAMs, the low level ingress doesn't buy you anything except limited maneuvering space if you find yourself defending. There are much better ways to skin that cat.

Brett
I imagine there are. I'm a cold warrior, F-111s on the deck flirting with the number.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Isn't the F-16 the IAF SEAD/Weasel platform?

Dedicated SEAD/Wild Weasel-type aircraft are rare worldwide and for a smaller air force like Israel's they don't have the numbers or the money to dedicate aircraft to the mission. The Israeli F-16A/Bs ('Netz' or 'Hawk') and C/Ds ('Barak' or 'Lightning') are used as fighter-bombers like the USAF uses them while the F-16Is ('Sufa' or 'Storm', we don't have an equivalent) with their WSO and longer range are primarily used as strike aircraft to supplement the more capable and expensive (twice as much) F-15Is.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
AIR_F-16D-Block-52_Singapore_Exhibition_lg.jpg

When I crewed 16's at Luke AFB they had pilots over there training from Singapore (have been for a while now). Their jets had the same hump on the spine.. Block 52's I think were there at the time.. this was in 2003-2004.

Jet above is a 52 from Singapore//

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of note, Boeing makes conformal tanks for the Rhino - the US Navy just didn't buy any. I saw them on an export bird in their St Louis plant - pretty cool.

Brett

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
The
Of note, Boeing makes conformal tanks for the Rhino - the US Navy just didn't buy any. I saw them on an export bird in their St Louis plant - pretty cool.

Brett
The Super Hornet+ (or whatever they call it) has the conformal fuel tanks w/ 3000lbs of extra fuel & the GE F-414 (Enhanced) engine that develops 26,000lbs of thrust in full AB & other goodies. If the F-35C gets held up much longer, I hope the Navy will at least convert existing orders to the super dooper Hornet.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
The

The Super Hornet+ (or whatever they call it) has the conformal fuel tanks w/ 3000lbs of extra fuel & the GE F-414 (Enhanced) engine that develops 26,000lbs of thrust in full AB & other goodies. If the F-35C gets held up much longer, I hope the Navy will at least convert existing orders to the super dooper Hornet.

52,000# in max blower? Yes please! Could you imagine that thing slick, with a bounce load? Insanity.