• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Preparing for the ASTB

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I was given some very useful advice when I asked if I should study for the ASTB early. It really helped and I hope you consider it.

1. Remove cold beverage from refrigerator.
2. Open bottle utilizing bottle-opening device.
3. Drink and Enjoy.
4. Rest and Repeat.

A month or so in advance is much more practical. For now, focus on enjoying college and keeping up on your classwork. My 2c.

Fetter

I was given some very useful advice when I asked if I should study for the ASTB early. It really helped and I hope you consider it.

1. Remove cold beverage from refrigerator.
2. Open bottle utilizing bottle-opening device.
3. Drink and Enjoy.
4. Rest and Repeat.

A month or so in advance is much more practical. For now, focus on enjoying college and keeping up on your classwork. My 2c.

I'll second that. I was so into studying for the ASTB that I ended up dropping a class because I didn't manage my classwork wisely. I got my air contract, but I am also on academic probation from PLC because I went under 12 credits last semester. I had to sacrifice my hardest class to manage my other ones, the ASTB, and working to keep up on bills. It all worked out though, but I wouldn't recommend it. I've got an air contract and a 3.9GPA now. How about them apples?

GFTC

pilot
Well, after two weeks of studying all day (and missing all the bowl games on the 1st) I'll be taking the test in nine hours.

Fetter

Well, after two weeks of studying all day (and missing all the bowl games on the 1st) I'll be taking the test in nine hours.

The barron study book said to lay out all your clothes the night before, get an idea of what to make for breakfast, and wake up with a lot of extra time. And I paid something like $25 for that advice....wow.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I've been reading the ARCO books and the links from the columbia sight my recruiter sent me, but I don't take my test for about another year. I was wondering is this to early to start or is it a good thing i'm studying this far in advance? I want to know the material and do good, but I don't want to overload my brain before I take it. Any advice will help. Thanks and God Bless.

Why don't you do what I did? I took the test 6 months before I was even planning on graduating / submitting my package. That way if I did bad, I could could retake it after some studying. Also, after taking it the first time as "kinda practice", you will know HOW to study for it so you nail it the next time you take it. Just keep that in mind, you can take the test 3 times, so don't be afraid to take it the first time for kicks. It did me a lot of good.

-Ken