• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Predator C Avenger

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Interesting follow-on. In my dealings with designing fleet requirements for what we're calling the "next generation" of jamming technologies, it all boils down to power, weight, bulk and heat dissapating requirements. The trick is finding a balance between the desired capabilities and all the rest of the limiting factors. The idea of putting advanced EA pods on UAVs is certainly an interesting one and it could act as a significant force multiplier with legacy and Growler-based systems.

Brett

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
the only thing I can think of...even w/ 2 45 KVA generators on board, you're still not nearly going to have the "jammer" power of a Prowler/Growler.....but since it's low obervable, you'd be able to get much closer to the emitter you want to shut down. I actually think it could be a great idea to use EA-6s as controlling node mother ships...force multiplier is absolutely correct.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
the only thing I can think of...even w/ 2 45 KVA generators on board, you're still not nearly going to have the "jammer" power of a Prowler/Growler.....but since it's low obervable, you'd be able to get much closer to the emitter you want to shut down. I actually think it could be a great idea to use EA-6s as controlling node mother ships...force multiplier is absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, lots of stuff we can't get into here and we're approaching the line as it is. Enough to say that the concept has lots of potential.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You really want prowlers controlling airborne assets? They have enough problems staying inside the area

Moot point since they'll be gone in a few years - more like a Growler thing. Either way, I don't think any platform has a monopoly on spill-outs. ;) I'd put you on my "list" for that comment if it weren't for the pure awesomeness of your avatar. :D

Brett