• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-TBS Physical Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighuggies

Is the any way to not make "The Body Softener" not so body softening? Perhaps inbetween classes or meetings, I could pump out some pushups, sitsups, pullups, etc?

What I mean to say, is there really no practical way to keep in shape during TBS? I wonder why during TBS physical training seems less important that in the Air Force.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I have an idea that a "soft" body in the Marine Corps is still a higher standard than the Air Force. I think most people get softer than they were coming out of OCS. Most people are hard as nail coming out of OCS. TBS probably requires more individual effort, and from what I heard, there is very little group PT. I doubt those who finish at the top of the class would report that they got softer. Just those who chose do do other things in their spare time. But I don't know, just an assumption.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
There are a set of pullup bars, dip bars, and a curl bar outside the TBS classrooms, not to mention the Coffee shack. I would knock out a set of pullups every now and then, not for a workout, but mainly to get the blood flowing again to help stay awake, then I'd hit the coffee shack for a extra large cup of jo, then back to the classroom for "Spring-Butt Bingo"....uh, I mean learning.....stuff...

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I wonder why during TBS physical training seems less important that in the Air Force.
Because of all the info, classes, training that's being crammed. Once "zero week" ends, you hit the ground running!

Taxman2A

War were declared.
PT is not "less important than in the air force". Like Bebop said there is no time for PT because the rest of your day is crammed with other stuff. PT is still important, because you are still expected to pass the double O course, endurance course, and hike all the damn time. Just because you don't run around in the woods singing little songs very often doesn't mean it's OK to be fat.

TANGO 1

Contributor
"Runing around the wood and singing little songs" that i like to do. Sounds like somebody would not like ground side.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
TANGO 1 said:
"Runing around the wood and singing little songs" that i like to do. Sounds like somebody would not like ground side.

I'm a ground Officer right now (0602), thanks for the concern though.

I was just irritated that someone would insinuate that PT is less important at TBS than it is in the airforce.

Crowbar

None
TANGO 1 said:
Sounds like somebody would not like ground side.

Tough words from a plane captain! How many plane captains are there in a MarDiv? What about an FSSG?

-Avionics tech from way back

TANGO 1

Contributor
that shows you the kind of people we have in this site. People who are more interested in being a pilot and more concerned with a heavy pay-check rather than the seriousness of the whole thing being that sh!t might hit the fan anytime and it might just be you and your motherf**cking M-16 sought out the difference between friend or foe.
I am not saying this to despise or belittle anybody. Sometimes we have to think of the ultimate reason

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Also. . .

I wonder why during TBS physical training seems less important
Because as an officer of Marines, YOU KNOW THE (PT) STANDARDS! And it's up to you to push yourself, on your own to stay fit.

TANGO 1

Contributor
DUCTUS EXEMPLO

I am not sure any of the guys here knows the consequences of a LT. falling off a hike or a PT run in the fleet. You lead from the front gadamn it. Your are not allowed to display weakness in any form. It is not allowed, God forbid any one of you become a laughing stock among enlisted marines and see how you loose your respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.