• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-OCS Weekend?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I'm fairly certain the ~3mi/hr(50min) rate is per MCO (I'm too lazy to look up which one). At least that's how they're supposed to be. In reality, YMMV (some hours go quicker than others, if you catch my drift). Whether it be OCS or TBS, you'll noticed that your humps are scheduled on that 3mi/hr premise.

Funn story actually...In seniors, we were hauling major ass on one of the humps up Danang and the girls from 1st platoon were falling out left and right. At the 10 minute rest I overheard my Platoon Sergeant commenting on all the girls that fell out and my Sergeant Instructor replied with, "we cant chit them because we were going way beyond the perscribed pace."

lol...good times.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Funn story actually...In seniors, we were hauling major ass on one of the humps up Danang and the girls from 1st platoon were falling out left and right. At the 10 minute rest I overheard my Platoon Sergeant commenting on all the girls that fell out and my Sergeant Instructor replied with, "we cant chit them because we were going way beyond the perscribed pace."

lol...good times.

Da Nang downhill is the best IMHO.:icon_tong

The worst for me was hauling it up Da Nang in full war regalia during SULE II. I seriously thought that incline would never end.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
I thought Da Nang was pretty terrible on the very first fartlek, but wasn't so bad after that. I feel like it's something kind-of bad with a really bad reputation.

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
I thought Da Nang was pretty terrible on the very first fartlek, but wasn't so bad after that. I feel like it's something kind-of bad with a really bad reputation.

The only hill we did on the Fartlek ( REG and extension) was Fartlek hill? Is Da Nang on the Jr. Fartlek?

MettGT

pilot
The only hill we did on the Fartlek ( REG and extension) was Fartlek hill? Is Da Nang on the Jr. Fartlek?

Yes. It's the one that goes up, kind of levels off for .2 seconds, and then goes straight up again. If you enjoyed Da Nang, I highly recommend Cardiac Hill at TBS. :icon_smil

SullySullivan

I have pre-ocs coming up in a couple of weeks now... Do they acually replicate what pickup will be like at ocs?
I have not yet attended OCS. In Florida last weekend I attended Mini-OCS. According to what I have been told, our experience was not a replication of OCS Pickup. What we got was just a little taste. We were run around w/ our gear for a while the DIs were in our face. The entire weekend was a good experience. Go into the weekend with an open mind and learn as much as you can.

WingForce87

I have not yet attended OCS. In Florida last weekend I attended Mini-OCS. According to what I have been told, our experience was not a replication of OCS Pickup. What we got was just a little taste. We were run around w/ our gear for a while the DIs were in our face. The entire weekend was a good experience. Go into the weekend with an open mind and learn as much as you can.

Sounds good...

Is this "gear" provided or do I need to start looking into picking up some stuff? I got the MARPAT bottoms and top as I insisted by the SSgt, and I also have some boots, is there anything else I will need to get prior to Mini-OCS?

Thanks, and if this stuff is already posted somewhere I apologize. I just havn't seen much info on this.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Some of us got BDUs, some of us got MARPAT. Call your OSO or OSA and ask them what you need; that's why they're there.

Dust

Ha I am glad someone brought this up. Our OR is getting a bunch of us together for April 16-19th at Camp Pendleton. Anyone going to that one?? I think this a great a idea to get a taste of what is to come. Is a "hump" when you jog with full gear? (Sorry for the noob question).
Ah damn, I should have contacted ya before the weekend, did you see a short guy there this weekend who just could not get in step or who talked about studying for (and failing) the ASTB with you?