• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-FS Waiver Nightmare. Please Help

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
Hello all,

I'm in a serious bind, and am looking for some advice on how I should proceed. I have always gotten excellent gouge from the good people here on AW, so I'm hoping someone can come through and help me once again.

I recieved an SNA pro-rec in the latest board, and have been waiting patiently in FS purgatory like many of you. However, the Dec 1st FS deadline is fast approaching, and I still have yet to receive my PRK waiver, and therefore a FS Letter. Here's why this is especially frustrating...

I submitted all PRK related paperwork in August to my recruiter. I had a flight physical in May, and passed with flying colors...with one exception: My flight physical occurred 3 weeks before my 6 month follow-up period from my surgery. Naturally, the flight surgeon NPQ'ed me on these grounds. He also recommended that I submit for a waiver upon getting the necessary 6 month follow up, since given my exam results, I passed the required vision standards for said waiver.

So, fast forward to the release of results of the August 2011 board. I learned from a resourceful member (thanks Eaglei22) here on AW that I had recieved a Primary Alternate selection on Sept. 25. I didn't recieve word from my recruiters until October 5th. I was told briefly that they had a large pile of paperwork to process (understandable), and that they would get in touch with me soon. I didn't hear back from anyone until about 3 weeks later, asking me about my medical documents. I was surprised about this, since I had submitted all of them months ago. So, I reiterated this fact, they found them, and I was told "Ok, we'll get these submitted". At this point I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, albeit a little later than I expected.

I hear nothing until mid November. I'm told that they're waiting for NAMI to clear my PRK waiver. This is not supposed to be news to me, I thought they were doing that weeks ago. I keep waiting.

I talk to someone again this week, and I'm told basically that "It's not looking good" and "We sent it in a couple weeks ago, but NAMI won't get to it until the end of the week" (Which is past the Dec 1st deadline). Fantastic.

I'm not a complainer, and I don't like those who do without just cause. However, I feel that I have grounds to do something here. I've played by the rules, I've been patient, and I believe I've done everything correctly. I may lose my opportunity for my dream job, for reasons I can't quite fathom.

Can anyone provide ANY advice on what to do here? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.