• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRC F-10 pics

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's just something that makes me laugh about the Chinese copying/improving an Israeli-reject modification of an early block F-16.

Talk about a polished turd.

Spoken like a true F-15 guy. :D

I find it interesting that while the PLA is willing to buy/copy/steal Russian missiles and land systems (tanks and what have you), their modern aircraft are all very Western. Seems to hold up the analysis that the PLAAF is continuing the "westernizing" they began after Desert Storm.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I find it interesting that while the PLA is willing to buy/copy/steal Russian missiles and land systems (tanks and what have you), their modern aircraft are all very Western.

Western in what way? Up until the introduction of the J-10, their most modern fighter has been SU-27 derivatives (-30MKK and J-11). They have a handful of Eurocopter products and some 1980's vintage H-60's, but I'd hardly call that modern, even for them. They've been moving toward indigenous aerospace products for some time (yes, often with components purchased from the West); a strike fighter obviously has been the most challenging. They don't have a domestic transport airframe yet, but they're clearly hoping their homegrown airliner is a first step in that direction.