• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post TBS

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
1.5 months from getting out of Q-town and I keep getting mixed word on where we are headed after TBS and when. Is IFS still in the mix, and if so, where and when? Is there any way to find out the pick up dates of API?

Reconjoe

Last word on this (admittedly 3 months ago) was IFS for Marines is only happening at Pensacola (no more doing it up there in Virginia). Most likely you will get sent down here, and then sent back out for TAD to some unit, come back, wait around, maybe get sent TAD again, and then finally go through IFS and pick up API shortly after.

sbeaTm08

Wake up, put a good dip in, crack a cold one
pilot
Don't know anything about IFS but as far as your API date, you wont find out till you get down there and then it will probably change a few times or once a week like it did when I was there.

81montedriver

pilot
there was a 2ndLt who was stashed at my squadron for a few months working in Ops. Sounds like a very common thing these days if you would rather not go to IOC, language school or stick around Qtown.

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Funny thing is, that I would much prefer to go to language school or IOC, but that option is no longer available to SNA's from what we're hearing. Would TAD or a stash job be in P'cola? I don't want to move my wife down there, only to have to move her a couple times...

81montedriver

pilot
You don't think it would be cool hanging around AD pilots and seeing what an AD squadron is all about?

pharaelga

Constantly lost in the sauce....
YUUUTTTTTT click down a few notches out of TBS mode and see what life is like down here before you make any rash decisions....

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
You wouldn't move your wife if you go TAD... hence Temporary Assigned Duty. There was plenty to do in the MOC if you so chose when I was there. Between the funeral detail, EWS and a couple of classes at Hurlburt I was busy enough. This was in the Nov 2009-Aug2010 time frame though. I'm sure it has all changed...

81montedriver

pilot
You wouldn't move your wife if you go TAD... hence Temporary Assigned Duty. There was plenty to do in the MOC if you so chose when I was there. Between the funeral detail, EWS and a couple of classes at Hurlburt I was busy enough. This was in the Nov 2009-Aug2010 time frame though. I'm sure it has all changed...

That's exactly my point. Aside from getting away from the MOC, you can get away from your wife, avoid standing shore duty in Pcola and you can actually learn a bit about how an AD squadron works. I spent all of a month in the MOC prior to API and that was more than enough for me.