• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post-TBS wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghish

After graduating from TBS, do you go straight to P'Cola or do you have to wait here in Quantico until API starts? If you do go directly to API, do they give you any time-off (basket leave)? Also, if you are in P'Cola for awhile before starting what do they have you doing (is it like Mike Company at TBS)?

-Ghish (TBS graduation ~25 weeks away!)

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Yeah, you go straight down to P'cola. I think we got around 3 weeks worth of leave. You don't go straight into API though (the majority doesn't anyways). You attach onto MATSG 21 (basically a holding company). They may send you to a "stash" job where you will work for a unit or local business for a few hours a day, you may do community service stuff (we did a 5k/10k run for a local charity last weekend and are helping set up for the "Five Flags Seafood Festival" this weekend), they may let you start AWS (soon to be called "EWS") Phase 1, you may get to do IFS (if you don't have prior flight experience, this is an excellent program to get into), or you may just end up sitting around until your API date comes up. It really just depends on what's happening between when you get here and your API start date. They have the MC Ball coming up in November and everyone still waiting for API then will help set up for it. I've been here since June and have actually "worked" 10% of that time. It's not a bad deal. You have the beach here (you'll get bored of it pretty quickly) and a couple of pretty decent watering holes. It's a good opportunity to prepare yourself for API and Primary.

Tessone

I know some people go to IOC between TBS and API. Does this tend to push back the date for actually starting API? I'd like to go to IOC so I at least have the option of commanding a company during a FAC tour.

BTW, does anyone know how frequently that happens (that is, a pilot who has gone to IOC gets to command a company)? When I talked to my recruiter, he said it's technically possible, but that it only happens when the company is drastically short on officers. He also mentioned most pilots don't want to go that route, because as a FAC you're at the battalion level and no one wants to mess around with a company, but personally, I'd love the chance to get out in the field. Who cares if it's just a company-level assignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.