• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post-Quarantine Activities

Dontcallmegump

pilot
I've had a plan on the shelf for a year and a half now to truck my motorcycle up to Blue Ridge then ride about 2.5K miles between there and the VA border and back. The be all end all to that region for if I never got to ride there again. I've got the route planned down to the individual turns in my GPS to hit every twisty road, what campgrounds to stay at, tourist traps to avoid etc. on the advice of an old helo pilot very familiar with the area.

Was gunna beg for the time off after primary this spring. It's been too long since I've rode in the mountains... maybe next year ?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've had a plan on the shelf for a year and a half now to truck my motorcycle up to Blue Ridge then ride about 2.5K miles between there and the VA border and back. The be all end all to that region for if I never got to ride there again. I've got the route planned down to the individual turns in my GPS to hit every twisty road, what campgrounds to stay at, tourist traps to avoid etc. on the advice of an old helo pilot very familiar with the area.

Was gunna beg for the time off after primary this spring. It's been too long since I've rode in the mountains... maybe next year ?
I've done some riding around Shenandoah and Blue Ridge, which is just amazing - especially in the Fall when the foliage gets going. Definitely do that if you're able.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
I've done some riding around Shenandoah and Blue Ridge, which is just amazing - especially in the Fall when the foliage gets going. Definitely do that if you're able.

One way or another I'll get to it, I've seen too many amazing pictures and the butler maps I've got make the roads look like a fantastic mess of curves. I'd prefer a springtime trip but fall would be great too. I just want to avoid mid summer if possible, I do much better in the cold then hot.

Now to convince whatever stucon dept I'm a problem for at the time that I probably won't die on the endeavour...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
One way or another I'll get to it, I've seen too many amazing pictures and the butler maps I've got make the roads look like a fantastic mess of curves. I'd prefer a springtime trip but fall would be great too. I just want to avoid mid summer if possible, I do much better in the cold then hot.

Now to convince whatever stucon dept I'm a problem for at the time that I probably won't die on the endeavour...
Just do your stupid motorcycle safety courses and file your leave chit for whatever state you are going to. It’s none of their damn business what you do on leave, as long as it is legal.
Don’t go looking for trouble by asking permission for things you don’t need permission for.

BarryD

Contributor
Oris watches for the big 40.
Nice!

That's what I was supposed to be doing all last week...
I thought I was going to keep myself occupied through online "learning" by playing golf (get outside, maintain social distance) . . . then I got into town and saw that everywhere had basically been closed down (before the stay at home order). Bamboozled again . . .

Pags

N/A
pilot
Nice!

I thought I was going to keep myself occupied through online "learning" by playing golf (get outside, maintain social distance) . . . then I got into town and saw that everywhere had basically been closed down (before the stay at home order). Bamboozled again . . .
I was out in the front yard with practice balls the other day. Wife and I practiced for an hour or so. Wasnt too bad and the drink were cheap.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was out in the front yard with practice balls the other day. Wife and I practiced for an hour or so. Wasnt too bad and the drink were cheap.
Someone yoinked my clubs out of my garage last summer. In addition to the Nest camera, I now have a new set of Ping irons and Cobra woods. Collecting freaking dust now until this fiasco ends.

At least I got a nice TaylorMade Spider X putter in PSU blue and white. It's been doing yeoman duty back and forth across my rec room carpet . . .

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Someone yoinked my clubs out of my garage last summer. In addition to the Nest camera, I now have a new set of Ping irons and Cobra woods. Collecting freaking dust now until this fiasco ends.

At least I got a nice TaylorMade Spider X putter in PSU blue and white. It's been doing yeoman duty back and forth across my rec room carpet . . .
Did you get your swing analyzed before purchasing, to get the correct shaft stiffness and so forth? I am looking to get a whole new set of clubs and am considering getting my swing analyzed by the slo-mo video capture thingy that calculates swing speed, etc.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Did you get your swing analyzed before purchasing, to get the correct shaft stiffness and so forth? I am looking to get a whole new set of clubs and am considering getting my swing analyzed by the slo-mo video capture thingy that calculates swing speed, etc.
I got some new irons a few years ago. I went to see the Pro at my the club my in-laws belong to. He watched me swing a bunch of demo sets, used a strike board etc. I ended up with pings with normal shafts but I'm a pretty average sized guy. I'm sure the slo-mo stuff is neat but not sure it's really necessary for the average golfer.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I got some new irons a few years ago. I went to see the Pro at my the club my in-laws belong to. He watched me swing a bunch of demo sets, used a strike board etc. I ended up with pings with normal shafts but I'm a pretty average sized guy. I'm sure the slo-mo stuff is neat but not sure it's really necessary for the average golfer.
My buddy who is a scratch golfer looks at it like insurance - you pay a couple hundred bucks to ensure you have the correct shaft length, stiffness, club face, etc. for your specific swing speed before you sink $1k into a whole new set.